The Student Room Group

Choosing between 2 degrees

Currently i’m struggling between choosing business and marketing or geography. But i’m also thinking about doing joint honours with both but the problem is not many unis do geography and business. So i’m wondering if anyone has any advice on how they choose between 2 or if they’ve done either degree.
Reply 1
Original post by meeshapatel08
Currently i’m struggling between choosing business and marketing or geography. But i’m also thinking about doing joint honours with both but the problem is not many unis do geography and business. So i’m wondering if anyone has any advice on how they choose between 2 or if they’ve done either degree.

It depends on what career you want. But nowadays business jobs can hire you even if your degree isn’t related to business. I know someone who did a law degree and is now a data analyst. So even if you did choose geography and later wanted to change to a business career it is very possible by doing mini courses and getting certificates. Also think about what you enjoy doing more and look at modules in relation to a business course or a geography course and see what is more appealing to you. Hopefully this helps
Original post by VXK
It depends on what career you want. But nowadays business jobs can hire you even if your degree isn’t related to business. I know someone who did a law degree and is now a data analyst. So even if you did choose geography and later wanted to change to a business career it is very possible by doing mini courses and getting certificates. Also think about what you enjoy doing more and look at modules in relation to a business course or a geography course and see what is more appealing to you. Hopefully this helps

that is really helpful thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending