The Student Room Group
Heya!
I'm deciding between Leeds and Exeter too- not for the same course though!

I made a pro and cons list for both to help me try and decide but I get how difficult it is, especially as they both gave me the same offer!
From what I've seen/heard/been told this is what I would say to answer your questions:

Exeter's nightlife is reasonably quiet compared to Leeds as it's a much smaller place, but also more expensive.
Weather is obviously cooler in Leeds than Exeter because it's much further North, but being in the inner city means it can feel warm too.
People wise, having been to both places more than once and the people I know at each uni, I would say Leeds is home to much more down-to-earth people (plus being Northern the people are much nice and that's coming from a Southerner!!). Exeter I would say is much more... Jack Wills if you get my drift? (Obviously, that's a generalisation and I'm sure you will find people you get on with where ever you end up!)
I have no idea about your course as I've applied for something completely different sorry!

Generally, I preferred Leeds because it was a campus uni and also being a bigger and older uni, everything is much closer. Accommodation, for example, was much further out from the campuses at Exeter, however, it was much newer. Having said that, Leeds' accommodation although being older seemed like you got more for your money as the rooms were bigger etc.

Hope this helps and good luck with your exams!! :smile:
Hey what did you finally go for? I’m stuck between Exeter and Leeds for business management :frown:
Original post by HaneeshaKalwani
Hey what did you finally go for? I’m stuck between Exeter and Leeds for business management :frown:

Hey What did you choose between Exeter and Leeds? Now I have same options and some other as well for masters in same course for January intake
Reply 4
Original post by venkatesh124
Hey What did you choose between Exeter and Leeds? Now I have same options and some other as well for masters in same course for January intake

Hi,

Even I am stuck between Leeds and Exeter for Data Science program
I’m stuck as well! I firmed Exeter, because initially I liked that it was near the sea and it was a campus but also only ten minutes into the city. I live a 40 min train journey away from leeds so I didn’t bother looking at it because I’ve grown up going to leeds to shop ect. But now I’m thinking of going through clearing to Leeds because I’ve looked at the campus and it’s beautiful, but I’m not sure about being so close to home and also feeling like I’m not experiencing something new. I also am quite put off of Exeter now because of the “posh” vibe of it all (idk if that made sense), and also it being more expensive, but anyone got any advice.
Original post by sshivaku
Hi,

Even I am stuck between Leeds and Exeter for Data Science program

what did you decide? stuck between the same two for the same course
Reply 7
What did you decide and why?
Original post by KHUSHI2512
what did you decide? stuck between the same two for the same course
Original post by HaneeshaKalwani

Hey I’m in the same situation as yours, where did you end up?
Original post by laurazander
Hi,
I've applied for international business at leeds and business management at exeter, for both i need AAA. Please can someone help me decide!! What's the nightlife like at both, the weather, the people, the course, everything!!!!
Thank you

In the same situation as yours, could you help me out for the same !?
Reply 10
Original post by Siddharth1234
In the same situation as yours, could you help me out for the same !?

This thread is six years old!

Latest

Trending

Trending