The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I put norfolk as my 1st choice, will just have 2 wait and c where I end up!
Reply 21
Sa-ra-ra-ra
No, the rooms don't have arial links in them, you'll need your own tv arial. And if you're in the village, apparently the reception is crap, so you might want to invest in a reception-amplifier.

I was in Nelson last year :smile:

Depends which building and on what side of the village you're in. We also got a much better signal being on the top floor.
Reply 22
Are there any unofficial websites/forums for UEA just out of interest?
Reply 23
ben3085
I'm in the new one, Colman House, all confirmed.

I guess I'll see you there then. Does anyone know anything else about Colman house??

I just bought tickets to the vandals in november so now I'm happy.
Reply 24
I haven't had any info from UEA yet, getting worried they haven't received my A.. wotsit paper reply thing. :confused:
Reply 25
Oh I have another question... you know half the people turn up on Saturday and half on Sunday... do they at least work it out so that everybody in one particular flat thing comes on the same day? I'd hate to go on Sunday and be later than everyone else !
Reply 26
AcerBen
Oh I have another question... you know half the people turn up on Saturday and half on Sunday... do they at least work it out so that everybody in one particular flat thing comes on the same day? I'd hate to go on Sunday and be later than everyone else !

All the people in your block, not just your flat, will arrive on the same day. I think they also reserve half the tickets for the first week's events for the second day of arrivals.
Reply 27
Got the letter this morning. I am going on the Sunday damn. I just wanna GO! lol

But it doesn't matter so long as it's not like I'm the person that turns up later than everyone else I suppose. I'm so desperate to leave now lol
Reply 28
Where the heck can I dry my clothes after washing them ? I don't really want to put my shirts in a dryer because they'll shrink ! But if I put them on a wotsit to dry water will go everywhere. Bah. Hmm. I should stop worrying.
Reply 29
I'm compiling a list of things I need at the moment. Do I need an ironing board?
Reply 30
ahhh why don't I know where I'm going and when?!! I sent my accomodation form off ages ago and my AS12 as soon as I got it!
Reply 31
giddychick
ahhh why don't I know where I'm going and when?!! I sent my accomodation form off ages ago and my AS12 as soon as I got it!

I wouldn't worry, they probably sent them all out this week but there's a mad rush cos of all the A level results. I applied about 18months ago (deferred entry) and only just got a letter telling me what day I should be there. Pretty bad really, with less than a month left!

AcerBen
Do I need an ironing board?

If you don't want to just use a dryer, or if you're bringing some shirts, then yeh you might wanna bring something like that!
Reply 32
yay, just got my letter! I'm in norfolk terrace and I'm going on saturday the 18th!
Reply 33
Congrats giddychick!

AcerBen
Do I need an ironing board?

Says here that ironing boards are provided but irons are not. Not sure if that's for every building tho!
Reply 34
oh you can ignore my PM then lol

Just come back from the shops - we bought about £100 worth of stuff. I'll be the most prepared person going I should think !
Reply 35
LOL why do I never think to check the UEA website?
Reply 36
"Soft furnishings such as easy chairs and floor cushions are a potential fire risk and are therefore not allowed in residences."

Bugger, does that include bean bags? I just bought one. :rolleyes:
Reply 37
AcerBen
"Soft furnishings such as easy chairs and floor cushions are a potential fire risk and are therefore not allowed in residences."

Bugger, does that include bean bags? I just bought one. :rolleyes:

Er...unless you stuff it in your wardrobe every time the cleaner comes then you'll probably have to get rid of it!

Saying that though one of my housemates had this soft chair thing that folded down into a small matress and she never got asked to remove it. I guess it depends on whether you get a nice cleaner!

As for the ironing boards - all kitchens do have them, however ours was so bent that it would have been hard work ironing on it! Also my kitchen was 2 floors below my bedroom so lugging it upstairs everytime I wanted to iron something would be annoying! I did buy a cheap on (which fitted nicely in the side of my cupboard/wardroble) but I didn't use it a lot. I would definitely advise a clothes horse, they are really handy cos guaranteed you own clothes that can't be tumble dried! If you put your wet clothes on one and leave it in the bathroom, the clothes dry quite quick because of the ventilation systems in the bathrooms.
Reply 38
AcerBen
Where the heck can I dry my clothes after washing them ? I don't really want to put my shirts in a dryer because they'll shrink ! But if I put them on a wotsit to dry water will go everywhere. Bah. Hmm. I should stop worrying.

I ended up ruining 2 pairs of hugo boss jeans in my frist few weeks at uni because I only had the tumbler to dry them in. You just have to put it on a low setting and leave it on for a long time.
Reply 39
Bought a clothes horse today :smile: Forgot I have an en-suite *d'oh*

I was worried all the water was gonna drop on the floor lol. Oh how annoying I can't take my bean bag :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending