The Student Room Group

Maths!!!! 25th may 2017

hiiii i have my non calculator paper in a few weeks and because im doing 9-1 its hard to fine multiple practise papers, i have been finding and doing the 9-1 papers available but i was wondering if doing non calc from last years spec would still help in certain areas??? thank youu

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mm321
hiiii i have my non calculator paper in a few weeks and because im doing 9-1 its hard to fine multiple practise papers, i have been finding and doing the 9-1 papers available but i was wondering if doing non calc from last years spec would still help in certain areas??? thank youu

I do not recommend doing papers from last years. Mainly because of the difficulty gap between the old papers and the new 9-1 papers, so they wouldn't be much of a help. It is much more beneficial to do practice questions from the new spec and do as many of them as you can before the exam to familiarise yourself to the new style of the exam.
hello I am resitting the old spec for maths exam i hope i pass this ime
i am doing the old spec for gcse maths i hope i pass this time
Any ideas could the exam be easy or hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gidray
I do not recommend doing papers from last years. Mainly because of the difficulty gap between the old papers and the new 9-1 papers, so they wouldn't be much of a help. It is much more beneficial to do practice questions from the new spec and do as many of them as you can before the exam to familiarise yourself to the new style of the exam.

I agree. Also, if you haven't already bought them, CGP have practice exams too for our 9-1 spec. They're really good and I totally recommend them to anyone who need more revision materials.
What about the old specification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't listen to these lot, using the old spec is fine. Same content, and the questions at the end of the papers ar wa out the standard of the 9-1 papers. Do every past paper you can
I mean I am doing the old specification not new one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to do this question ImageUploadedByStudent Room1494501281.046416.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mm321

oooo it's my birthday on 25th may!!!!!

:ahee::nutcase::woo:
On the exam day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by princess770
Does anyone know how to do this question ImageUploadedByStudent Room1494501281.046416.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Work out the length of the lawn first - this is equal to the length of both the lawn and patio subtracted by the patio length
2) Find the area of the lawn itself
3) Divide this by 5 and multiply the answer you get from this by £2.99 to find the cost
4) If the total cost is above £250, she doesn't have enough and vice versa
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1494520872.966236.jpg stuck on this question sometimes I get stuck on compound type questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1494520872.966236.jpg stuck on this question sometimes I get stuck on compound type questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Convert the tile measurements from cm to m
2) Work out the area of a tile and the area of the wall
3) Divide the area of the wall by the area of a tile - this will leave you with the no. of tiles required
4) Divide the no. of tiles by 20 to find out how many boxes Andy needs
5) If the answer is not a whole number, round it UP
6) Multiply the number of boxes by £8.50 - this should give you your answer
What would 0.75 round up to

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get the answer as £6.375 and I think it's incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get the answer as £6.375 and I think it's incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, let me check it myself too

Quick Reply