The Student Room Group

Land Economy Cambridge 2023 Applications

Hi guys,
Wanted to make a thread to share our A-level subjects and results for people applying to Land Economy this fall.

Scroll to see replies

what subjects are you doing ?
Original post by studypurposes
Hi guys,
Wanted to make a thread to share our A-level subjects and results for people applying to Land Economy this fall.
Original post by cglaisher
what subjects are you doing ?

I'm doing maths, physics and business. What about you?
Maths Economics and geography. Have you done any work experience to help your personal statement ?
I'm doing maths, physics and business. What about you?
Original post by cglaisher
Maths Economics and geography. Have you done any work experience to help your personal statement ?

Yeah I've done an internship for a renewable energy firm, and a financial consultancy firm. What about you?
yeah same I did an internship for a consultancy firm and hopefully will get some with with a housing development firm
Yeah I've done an internship for a renewable energy firm, and a financial consultancy firm. What about you?
Any international applicants in this thread?
hey! what sorta things did u do in ur saq?
Original post by zayaanmerchant
Hey everyone, I just finished first year land economy at Cambridge (with a first class honours) so please message me on the app if you require any support :smile:

Hello, I’m thinking about applying for LE. Doing Econ, Business and History (A*,A*,A*)

I just wanted to know how you got internships at these firms? As I’ve looked but most were for university graduates or apprenticeships.
As there is no admissions assessment this year for Land Ec, will the importance of the other parts of the application, ie. PS and interview, shift?
Reply 10
What would you recommend doing in order to prepare for the interview stage? @zayaanmerchant
(edited 1 year ago)
Good luck with submitting UCAS! If you have any interview related questions, feel free to message me :smile: (PS, I'm now a second year land ec student at cambridge!)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by zayaanmerchant
Good luck with submitting UCAS! If you have any interview related questions, feel free to message me :smile: (PS, I'm now a second year land ec student at cambridge!)

Hi there, do you remember what you were asked in the interview was it mainly economics or something else. Also, did they ask you to draw graphs or anything maths related in general and did they ask anything about your personal statement. Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by theothomas8
Hi there, What did they ask you in your interview and what did you put in the SAQ additional personal statement?
Thanks

Heya!
Just as an extra recommendation for interview questions, here is a link to some of the land economy questions you could use for practice :h:! I would also recommend finding some Oxbridge interviews on YT just to get an idea of how they are done!

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
Oxbridge Mind
Hey, I’m applying and haven’t studied economics before… do you think this will disadvantage me in the interview? Will they ask me geography/law related questions as well or just give me basic economics to accommodate? Thanks :smile:
What colleges have you guys applied to? Also, when will we hear back about interviews?
Note that OxbridgeMind has nothing to do with the Universities of either Oxford or Cambridge, and are a commercial enterprise designed to make as much money as possible from people on TSR - despite their folksy 'we're here to help' approach. I recommend not clicking on any links which will earn them money, and instead using the free, comprehensive resources available from both universities, and the combined experience of people on TSR who are happy to help you, rather than attempt to make money out of you. :smile:
I applied to St Johns, hbu ?

What colleges have you guys applied to? Also, when will we hear back about interviews?
Has anyone gotten invited to interview?
Has anyone gotten invited to interview?

Nah not yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending