The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Freshers

Got a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could help me since I’m very confused!!

My first term at uni starts on the 25th of September and welcome week is the 25th to the 29th so when is freshers?

When is the right time to buy freshers tickets since idk anyone at uni?

My move in date is any time from the 15th of September so when do people usually move in if my uni starts on the 25th?

What time do you recommend to arrive?

Does the uni also tell you what happens each day during freshers?

When do you start going to lectures?

How is lectures like?
Original post by Anonymous
Got a few questions and would be grateful if anyone could help me since I’m very confused!!

My first term at uni starts on the 25th of September and welcome week is the 25th to the 29th so when is freshers?

When is the right time to buy freshers tickets since idk anyone at uni?

My move in date is any time from the 15th of September so when do people usually move in if my uni starts on the 25th?

What time do you recommend to arrive?

Does the uni also tell you what happens each day during freshers?

When do you start going to lectures?

How is lectures like?

If you say which uni it is, I can move the thread to that uni's forum and the official reps will be able to answer your questions.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
If you say which uni it is, I can move the thread to that uni's forum and the official reps will be able to answer your questions.

Uni of Nottingham, thank you
Reply 3
'Welcome week' is the official name for 'Freshers' week' at some / ?many /?most universities - an attempt to break the link 'Freshers = a week of wild excess usually involving large amounts of alcohol' and also to reinforce that this is a general introductory week and may well involve compulsory non-socially-orientated sessions (e.g. lab safety sessions etc).

So if there is a 'Welcome week' on the university calendar, but no 'Freshers' week', the former will encompass the latter, so to speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending