The Student Room Group

C2 Maths - Trigonometric Identities

I noticed when I was doing the June 2016 C2 Paper that on question 6 it says solutions based entirely on graphical or numerical methods are not acceptable. It is a trigonometric identity question, and I found the values of sin(x) and then needed to find the x values within the range 0<x<360. To calculate the values I was using a graph, however would this not be accepted?
Thanks 😄
Original post by OfficialBenPage
I noticed when I was doing the June 2016 C2 Paper that on question 6 it says solutions based entirely on graphical or numerical methods are not acceptable. It is a trigonometric identity question, and I found the values of sin(x) and then needed to find the x values within the range 0<x<360. To calculate the values I was using a graph, however would this not be accepted?
Thanks 😄

As long as your answer is in exact form, it should be fine. 'Graphical' refers to approximating values from a graph visually, and 'numerical' refers to using any numerical methods to approximate.
Original post by OfficialBenPage
Thanks 😄

To expand on the above, numerical methods could include methods like interpolation. CAST diagrams, however, are fine, the problem comes when you approximate.
Original post by _gcx
To expand on the above, numerical methods could include methods like interpolation. CAST diagrams, however, are fine, the problem comes when you approximate.

Thank you 😄
Original post by RDKGames
As long as your answer is in exact form, it should be fine. 'Graphical' refers to approximating values from a graph visually, and 'numerical' refers to using any numerical methods to approximate.

Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest