The Student Room Group

m2 help

m2.png need help with this particular m2 question . I do not know where to start when i try to attempt the question
Original post by abdilighter77
m2.png need help with this particular m2 question . I do not know where to start when i try to attempt the question

Can you just post the question a bit larger please?
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 4.15.20 pm.png
Original post by Muttley79
Can you just post the question a bit larger please?

A good start is to understand how moments work. Do you know how to they work and how to calculate them??

Then consider the point P and apply the theory behind it.
Original post by RDKGames
A good start is to understand how moments work. Do you know how to they work and how to calculate them??

Then consider the point P and apply the theory behind it.

Yh I know how moments work and how to calculate them but I need help with which ones are clockwise and anticlockwise
Yh I know how moments work and how to calculate them but I need help with which ones are clockwise and anticlockwise

Okay, then the way I'd imagine it is if I hold one of my right hand fingers on point P and a different finger from my left hand on, say, point the point directly to the left of it with forces 5N and 3N, then if I move my left finger in the direction of the chosen force, does my left finger go clockwise or anticlockwise around my right finger??

This should clearly tell you which forces go clockwise and which go anticlockwise. Then just calculate the perp. distance to them and such to calculate.

The pivot [point we are taking moments about] Is P - now imagine each force in turn [lay a pencil along the line of action if it helps with its point going the same direction as the arrow] which way does that go around P?

Quick Reply

Latest