The Student Room Group

chemistry internships

hey all,

I'm currently finishing my 1st yr of chemistry. I'm not really sure what career to go into so any suggestions? I would like to an internship next year after I finish 2nd year so i can get some experience and get an idea of what work i would like to do. Where can I look for chemistry related internships? and what kind of grades do they look for? Rn I'm averaging a 2.1 on my modules I've done so far and I'm hoping to get 2.1/1st in my other modules for this year, but if I mess up and get a 2.2 in a module will that ruin my chances of getting an internship next year?
bump, what chemistry internships are available?
Chemistry internships at UEA are really competitive since there's only a few of them funded every year. I was in the process this year and it looked like only those with the highest 1st's in their previous years even got interviews. However, you can ask around with lecturers in the school of chemistry and others such as ENV to see if they have any projects with alternative sources of funding. All those guys really look for is a person with a keen interest in their work.
Original post by Spudgunhimself
Chemistry internships at UEA are really competitive since there's only a few of them funded every year. I was in the process this year and it looked like only those with the highest 1st's in their previous years even got interviews. However, you can ask around with lecturers in the school of chemistry and others such as ENV to see if they have any projects with alternative sources of funding. All those guys really look for is a person with a keen interest in their work.

ooooh that's worrying i ended up with a 2.1 :/ what is ENV? and is that based in london because i would like to do an internship there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending