The Student Room Group

BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Hello, I really need to report this company as I had a bad experience and paid for the photoshoot I just couldn,t escape from them - they were kind of aggressive for that payment - in this dark room, I feel so bad - could anybody help me with some advise what to do as I really need to report them.

thank you in advance

Original post by evgarner23
The police will want something to stick to them and I can guarantee they are committing some type of fraud, especially in light of the Company Registration. They use images on their website etc. which they probably don't have copyright for and will be taking money in off victims and not paying tax. I'm going to investigate (I work for an anti-fraud data management company) and research options to take them down because there will be one and I have evidence.

http://londonfashionmodel.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/matthew-senior-director-of-modelling-q.html?m=1

This is the ratbag behind the operation, he's even spoken about scamming to cover his back.
Just had an e mail from TMA Talent Agency showing an interest in my daughter. Are they a scam or legit?
Reply 542
Original post by megadans
Just had an e mail from TMA Talenvt Agency showing an interest in my daughter. Are they a scam or legit?

Everyone is scam once u go and found it out but u might be pressurised to spend money there in a better possible way. After coming home I'll realise it as scam. :-p
Reply 543
Hi!! Please see my message below.

I (my stepdaughter) was a victim of LONDON FASHION MODELS in 2017. £1100 los.
I am in contact with BBC journalists, and we only have 2 days left to send our stories in for a report they are working on heavily about LFM! If you want to help others than send a pm with your story to me and I will forward it to a BBC journalist as student room wont allow email or link and we have little time left.
It will appear on a tv show and obviously the more cases are the better!

All the best!
M

Original post by username3315390
I mean could you though, because generally on the website they state that they aren't an agency and personally, I do want to report it but I'm not quite sure how to bring it up. I have been considering it and if it led to suing, I really would. I cannot understand how these people live with themselves knowing what they do to young kids and adults, especially as some do express financial instability however they still push it and pressure you.
Original post by ladygaga101
t Has Anybody been picked for a photo shoot from Front Models In Margaret Street and then agreed to pay Next fashion models payment of hundreds of pounds for a portfolio ?

Yes they are scammers
I am left out of pocket £800.00
Original post by Carlywarlybugbug
Yeh that’s the one that I’m talking about too . That’s awful . There must be something that you can do ? Have you contacted your bank ? I took a visa dispute out over mine

Same! Studio works!!
And now not know this at all I have gotten scammed, they have continued their website on ukmodels.co.uk please spread the awareness for the better of people.
Yes i was picked and they want to see me at an appointment . I think its **** tbh as no model agency can or should ask you for money Tma or any other i think it is a fraud .
Tma is same fraud as all
I once spoke to the police and was advised the negatives were his as they were in his possession, making your own port folio to leave at their office can be cheaper Hope that helps
Hi, as parents of someone who was taken in by these people, and especially that they waived their terms and conditions clause that stated that anyone under 22 must be accompanied by a parent or be in full time employment (very kind of them!), we would be very interested in contributing to any report on this, especially as we have extensive information resulting from our enquiries. If it's not too late (we've only just seen this), then we'd be happy to help.

Original post by Mibedu
Hi!! Please see my message below.

I (my stepdaughter) was a victim of LONDON FASHION MODELS in 2017. £1100 los.
I am in contact with BBC journalists, and we only have 2 days left to send our stories in for a report they are working on heavily about LFM! If you want to help others than send a pm with your story to me and I will forward it to a BBC journalist as student room wont allow email or link and we have little time left.
It will appear on a tv show and obviously the more cases are the better!

All the best!
M
That's same about me and I went same marelibourn studio and the lady's name was latifa...
Reply 552
Hi can I asked if you have got your money back? If so how?
Reply 553
Original post by username3315390
Now I'm just wondering if I could somehow possibly use that against the company and be able to reclaim, not only my money back but others and shut down the whole company as it needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

Hi did you get your money back?If so how?
Reply 554
Original post by sexygraham
Was this studio in Devonshire Place Mews because I'm supposed to be having photos taken of myself there this Friday 20th July 2018? I would be interested in all of your replies.

Hi I was there yesterday and feel I have been scammed into giving 1k for the photos and to be on the their book. Has anyone got their money back?
Reply 555
I was in the Studio yesterday at Devonshire Place Mews. I was heavily pressurising into paying 1k for my daughter's photos and to be on their book. At first they tried the 4k then the 3, we got it down to 1k. But now I feel stupid it is a scam and want the get my money back but how? and also, to shut the company down it is so cruel how they do it to many others there was so many people in the room.
Unfortunately, there are countless examples here and elsewhere of people that have paid money out and never got it back, not have they got anything from the organisation other than a one-page website with mediocre photographs on it, along with a disc with the photos on. The story is exactly the same for everyone, and you'll probably have encountered something smiler to the process filmed here by the Sun newspaper: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6016394/director-linked-to-scam-modelling-firm-exposed-by-the-sun-who-boasts-of-sports-cars-and-glam-lifestyle-has-been-accused-of-ripping-people-off-for-16-years/ . They promise the earth, including saying things like 'we don't accept everyone but we will you' and 'you'll easily make your money back in the first month' and they say they've placed models with all kinds of agencies, who, on investigation, deny any knowledge of them. The government don't (currently - were working on it!) license such organisations and despite saying they'll get you work, when nothing materialises (and it won't, I'm sorry to say), they say that they're not an agency, they're a 'platform'. We've spoken to people at the agency (it was our son that did this without our knowledge, hoping to help us contribute to his studies) and basically you'll only ever speak to people with false names (Levine Skye, I ask you!) who will tell you that they're not responsible, they just do the make-up/hair. You're one of the lucky ones though, you've only lost £1,000. Many, including our son, have lost vastly more than that. If you only dod it yesterday, I would suggest you speak to your bank to initiate a charge-back. That's your first port of call, giving the reason that since your visit, you've found out that all they claim isn't true. I'm sorry you've experienced this but, as you've seen yesterday, there are countless people being taken in by this, not just in London but in various other places in the UK. It will take a concerted effort to lobby government so also try contacting your local MP. One of them, somewhere, will fancy taking it to parliament. Our son signed up in February and hasn't had a single piece of work.
Has anyone book and not gone on the day? I emailed to say my daughter wouldn't be coming.
Difficult to know what they are called as emails have a name, paperwork you print off has another name and I'm sure when you made payment that came back with another name.
Shoot booked at New York Fashion
199 Wardour street, Soho.

This is what it had on the email

Model Network is part of the
Zera Models & Gt Models Group

I have read other stories where people went and paid for the portfolio but haven't heard from them, haven't rec any job and they don't reply to emails it'll phone calls.
(edited 5 years ago)
They attempt to charge a 'Registration Fee' which is illegal - avoid
To anyone scammed by these 'agencies' / studios - have a look at this site on facebook 'modelling information service' for help in getting your money back:

Quick Reply

Latest