The Student Room Group

Macbeth revision

Scroll to see replies

i think it will be macbeth or lady macbeth?? or witches.. idk our teacher has never even mentioned the other characters appearing in questions so i thought it was irrelevant...
hopefully, macduff/banquo doesnt come up
doubt it would be any characters with a small amount of lines
Reply 42
Original post by AKA2234

what exam board is this?
im doing aqa
Reply 44
Original post by AKA2234

If Macduff/Malcolm come up

Nigg.A pray
I'm waiting for a side character to come up and ruin my life - only got quotes for The Witches, the Macbeths and like a few Banquo and Macduff.
Reply 46
Original post by Le Smol Duck
I'm waiting for a side character to come up and ruin my life - only got quotes for The Witches, the Macbeths and like a few Banquo and Macduff.

Can you give me some Banquo and Macduff quotes please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure :smile:

Act 3 Scene 1: Banquo " As the weird women promised, and I fear thou play'dst most foully for't"

Act 2 scene 3: Macduff " O gentle lady, 'Tis not for you to hear what I can speak; the repetition in a woman's ear"

Act 4 scene 3: Macduff " Sinful Macduff, they were all struck for thee"

Act 5 scene 8: Macduff: "We'll have thee, as our rarer monsters are, painted upon a pole"
Reply 48
Sure :smile:

Act 3 Scene 1: Banquo " As the weird women promised, and I fear thou play'dst most foully for't"

Act 2 scene 3: Macduff " O gentle lady, 'Tis not for you to hear what I can speak; the repetition in a woman's ear"

Act 4 scene 3: Macduff " Sinful Macduff, they were all struck for thee"

Act 5 scene 8: Macduff: "We'll have thee, as our rarer monsters are, painted upon a pole"

Thank you so much do you have the analysis for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/diagrams/macbeth-222 yo dunno if this would help but here is a map with level 7/8 stuff on it like dramatic irony :badger:
Sorry,
I mainly struggling with memorising quotes as analyzing is a strong point- as a result of such I have no notes along side the quotes.
Good luck though :smile:

I hope you all do good tomorrow and tell us how it went 💕😌
Reply 51
Sorry,
I mainly struggling with memorising quotes as analyzing is a strong point- as a result of such I have no notes along side the quotes.
Good luck though :smile:

I hope you all do good tomorrow and tell us how it went 💕😌

Can you help me analyse them please I'm bad at that

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh sure, wat quote do u need help on?
Reply 53
Original post by AKA2234
yh sure, wat quote do u need help on?

These ones ImageUploadedByStudent Room1495375828.344471.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmmmmmm okay, once sec
It shouldn't be too hard as everyone is doing the same test... so they will need to make it good for the less-able to students as well as the high achieving students.
yh thats true, they are gonna make the question quite easy, but i think everyone is worried about the grade boundries, coz this exam will definetly be hard
Looking at the Edexcel specimen papers, for one of them question a) was about Lady Macbeth being in control and question b) asked for conflict elsewhere in the play, on the second one question a) was the reactions of Macbeth and question b) was predictions elsewhere in the play, on the third one question a) was relationship between Banquo and Macbeth and question b) was deceit elsewhere in the play (deceit can also be reality and appearances). Personally I'm not too sure what will feature but if out of the themes, conflict, the supernatural and reality and appearances have all been included on the specimens it is highly unlikely that these should feature again, so if question b is on themes it is likely to be fate and free will, ambition, loyalty and betrayal, kingship or good and evil (these are the themes from the CGP Macbeth revision guide).
How many themes are you guys doing?
Am doing these four: Guilt, Ambition, Supernatural and Relationships, should I include anymore?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending