The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Christ Church (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah I know what you mean, it would be nice to have that little bit of lee-way. That's why I'm quite glad I'm taking four A2s, so that hopefully I can concentrate any ineptitude all into one subject and still be fine. Good old Latin :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 61
Not even a 3B an AAB would be satisfactory and cause me a lot less worry about revision and the like
Reply 62
Lol we could form some sort of pact with all the 2007 Oxford applicants. If we all miss our grades they'll have nobody to replace us with and they'll have to let us in! My favourite part about that plan is that there's no risk involved...lol.
Reply 63
no foreseeable risk at all?...???
Reply 64
Lol well you know, 'he who dares wins'. Whoever said David Jason didn't provide us with advice to live by...
Reply 65
Beenybabe
Ooh Qbee, another Christ Church offer, shall i add you to the list on the first post?

Yes, why not? The list is really short so far. Isn't Christ Church the biggest college? It should have the longest list. :smile:
Reply 66
I agree, we should all pruposly try and fail our exams, the whole 20007 intake, just so they have no other option but to take us. By then, all the people who didn't get offers will be so bitter over their rejection that they won't want to go to Oxford, so even they can't e used as a back up, win-win really :-D....you should know though, that as I'm writing this, I've just come from spending the last 2 hours revising for an exam...which isn't even part of my oxford offer >:-/
Reply 67
Lol yes I must admit that having spent the day revising for and subsequently doing an exam to improve my UMS, I've somewhat deviated from my own plan.

And yes our list is a tad short...I know of another PPEist, but he's not on TSR.
Reply 68
i know of 5 other people that got in - people i met at interview basically but alas none are on TSR - i cant believe that there are no current ChCh students about
Reply 69
I must admit I do wish I'd stayed in touch with some of the people I met at interview, however sensible things like contact details slipped my mind, as did my cool silly slammer which I lost whilst there :frown:.

Yeah we seem to have been short-changed when it comes to current students, but there are worse turned out colleges.
Reply 70
i know of a few who got in, but I'm guessing they're the same as beenybabe's since we're for the same course...& one of the's gone of to buenos aires :-S
Reply 71
Buenos Aires?! What a way for them to celebrate their acceptance!
Reply 72
haha lol she's gone on a gap year & she's doing some volunteering work there at the moment. hmm so I have my first exam tomorrow, which should be rather interesting, as it's for an extra AS level that I'm dong but tis not part of my Oxford offer...so it's kida been pushed aside by my other subjects :-S
Reply 73
An extra AS Level ay? What's it in? And having seen the time of your post I can now ask how the exam went lol.
Reply 74
lol ye, I've finished the exam now :-S I turned at the kind of time I usually do (ie 5-10 minutes before we're allowed to go in and get ready etc) but they'd all gone in reaally yearly, so when I got there the invidulator was like "Are you Chloe?" so I sat down & was taking my jacket off, but apparently they we're all just waiting for me to fill in my name before they could start, which was good lol Other than that I think it wen ok...hopefully
Reply 75
Lol oh dear, but then again I suppose the really nervous ones were glad for a delay.

In our exam today we had somebody burst in about 20 minutes into it whilst making the most amount of noise ever, our invigilator was not best pleased. One wonders why you'd even bother turning up if you're 20 minutes late for a 55 minute history exam, oh well!
Reply 76
haha excellent, usually me & my friends get there so early just so that we don't miss the exam (which, yes, we probably could end up doing soemtimes...) but since this was an AS level I was doing it with yr 12s, & I didn't really want to stand around with them all for ages so I though I'd leave later...great plan eh?lol
Reply 77
Lol what a plan indeed. I can just imagine you explaining to the head why you missed the exam. "Well you see sir, they're year 12, so I really didn't want to be seen standing with them..."
Reply 78
oh yes exactly, me & the head are like this *tries to show you crossed fingers* so he would obviously understand the situation lol Not as bad as one of my friends though, who was swinging on her chair and fell off backwards...sounds like something I might do
Reply 79
Lol now falling off your chair during an exam really is bad. It's got to take its toll on your calmness. 'I know, I'll just swing on my chair and wait for the papers..." *crash*. I wonder what it's like to take an exam with mild concusion...

The worst thing I've ever seen is my friend who dropped his pen under his desk, caught it with his head as he got up, and sent the desk, exam paper and all, flying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending