The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSC Taxation Oxford 2024

I got waitlisted at Oxford for the MSC Taxation - Not really sure why but has anyone else been waitlisted?

Or how does oxford determine who gets a place off the waitlist
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by chelseauzor
I got waitlisted at Oxford for the MSC Taxation - Not really sure why but has anyone else been waitlisted?
Or how does oxford determine who gets a place off the waitlist

I got waitlisted today for the same course, too. I have been searching the internet for what this means for me, i.e., what my chance of successfully converting is. When did you apply? I applied quite late, right on the deadline date.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Minheoo
I got waitlisted today for the same course, too. I have been searching the internet for what this means for me, i.e., what my chance of successfully converting is. When did you apply? I applied quite late, right on the deadline date.

Same got the waitlist today, i applied in january 29th i think - I saw some info that said they give 40 offers, and that 85 people made an application for 2019 (not 100%sure about the year) but the intake was like 32 i believe. So i dont think there would be more than 10 maybe 15 people on the waitlist, as the chances are (i feel that 8 people will rejct their offers/not accept on time/not pay the deposit as i believe its either 2k or 3k?
Reply 3
Same got the waitlist today, i applied in january 29th i think - I saw some info that said they give 40 offers, and that 85 people made an application for 2019 (not 100%sure about the year) but the intake was like 32 i believe. So i dont think there would be more than 10 maybe 15 people on the waitlist, as the chances are (i feel that 8 people will rejct their offers/not accept on time/not pay the deposit as i believe its either 2k or 3k?

From what I have read from the internet, I also think around 10pp on the waitlist. Do you reckon there is a good chance waitlisters to be converted then? I have emailed the faculty to ask for some info on the waitlist e.g. my rank and how long I may have to wait but I read that it's pretty much hit or miss whether they answer me, depending on the admission team.
Reply 4
i think its 50/50 i don't think faculty deal at all really with applications - other than marking, so more admissions team. I am curious to know hows its ranked as i've seen that its not alphabetical, but not necessarily random
Hi everyone! I'm not too sure as to how the admissions team deal with the waitlist. If you do receive an offer please drop me a message/or reach out to me on the LLM Guide (Username: Shahenshah). Myself and another MSc in Taxation offer holder have made a WhatsApp group chat so it would be great to connect once you have your offers!
Reply 6
fingers crossed & will do!
Hi guys. Same here I was informed that I’m on the waitlist. Might you know how long one might be on the lost
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys. Same here I was informed that I’m on the waitlist. Might you know how long one might be on the lost

I contacted admissions, they said there may be spaces later on in the year.

There are a maximum of 38 spaces on the MSc Taxation programme. Around 35 offers were sent out and there are about a dozen (so 13 people on the waitlist). So i think only around 4 - 5 people will come off the waitlist
Reply 9
Original post by Nawabzada
Hi everyone! I'm not too sure as to how the admissions team deal with the waitlist. If you do receive an offer please drop me a message/or reach out to me on the LLM Guide (Username: Shahenshah). Myself and another MSc in Taxation offer holder have made a WhatsApp group chat so it would be great to connect once you have your offers!

Hey do you know how much the deposit it ?
I contacted admissions, they said there may be spaces later on in the year.
There are a maximum of 38 spaces on the MSc Taxation programme. Around 35 offers were sent out and there are about a dozen (so 13 people on the waitlist). So i think only around 4 - 5 people will come off the waitlist

Thanks for the info. Would you know how they rank the waitlist and how long we wait to hear from the school?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks for the info. Would you know how they rank the waitlist and how long we wait to hear from the school?
unfortunately no, they don’t disclose that I’ve asked admissions and emailed the MSc tax team, but it will probably be in a few months 😭
unfortunately no, they don’t disclose that I’ve asked admissions and emailed the MSc tax team, but it will probably be in a few months 😭

Thanks so much and all the best
As before, lmk when you get offers! Would be great to connect!
Original post by Nawabzada
As before, lmk when you get offers! Would be great to connect!
Sure will do. Thanks.

Please let us know the terms of the offer e.g. deposit to be paid, timelines to respond etc
Original post by Anonymous
Sure will do. Thanks.
Please let us know the terms of the offer e.g. deposit to be paid, timelines to respond etc

Happy to connect before offers too! Just DM me and we can connect on LinkedIn.

As I am still an undergraduate, my offer is conditional on a first. There is no deposit to be paid, I need to send confirmation of my first class degree by June 30 from an official email.
Has anyone received an offer for this course? If so, please pm :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone received an offer for this course? If so, please pm :smile:

Hi, unsure if I can PM as you're using an anonymous account, please DM me here, or 'Shahenshah' on LLM Guide and I'll add you to our MSc group chat!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending