The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MPP 24/25 applicants

Hi! just wanted to create a forum for this year's applicants to discuss our applications and support each other through this excruciating wait.
Tell me more about yourself! :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MaitreyeeS17
Hi! just wanted to create a forum for this year's applicants to discuss our applications and support each other through this excruciating wait.

Hey, I applied too. I’m really excited about applying. The course looks an amazing one and it seems like there’s such an array of skills to be gained!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Edot1
Hey, I applied too. I’m really excited about applying. The course looks an amazing one and it seems like there’s such an array of skills to be gained!

Hi! So glad to meet you. What is your profile, if you don't mind me asking? Where are you from?
Reply 3
Hello! Another MPP applicant here. Wishing you a good luck for this years admission!
Reply 4
I have a background in activism and law, from the UK, and I have recently completed an undergrad. What about all of you profiles?
Hi, I'm an applicant this year too. Not sure whether people still using the TSR these days, but good luck to all of you.
Reply 6
I come from Serbia. I hold bachelor's and master's degree in political science. I have professional background in NGO project management and business intelligence.
I'm from Thailand. I have roughly 8 yrs working experience. I'm currently working as a parliamentary staffer to an MP, but before that I had worked as a human rights researcher/ project manager. I did my bachelor in international relations and a master in development studies.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
Hi! I’m applying from Australia with a background in strategy consulting with some not for profit experience too (4 years total experience). Have solid academics and a solid story but wondering if missing policy and government experience might be detrimental given most alumni I see on the website come from a policy background already

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 9
Original post by Edot1
I have a background in activism and law, from the UK, and I have recently completed an undergrad. What about all of you profiles?

I am from India, and have an MPhil in planning and development already. I have some 7 years of experience, 3 of which were working with state govt on policy implementation. Aside from that I have worked with non profits and consulting firms. I also have recently started my own non profit, which I am hoping to take forward through this degree.
Does anyone know if there is a Dphil public policy thread?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #1
Does anyone know if there is a Dphil public policy thread?

I don't think there is one.
Original post by Smauge
I don't think there is one.

Anyone else applying for the BSG dphil in PP?

Hello! An offer from Oxford would be a dream come true. I’ve been doing so much research on Oxford while waiting that I ended up here🤣. I’m a recently graduated Brazilian Lawyer with a deep history in activism, having lead large peaceful demonstrations. So worried about everything though… Hope we all see each other in September! 😊

Hello! Thank you for creating this forum. I am applying from India. I have two years of policy experience in the government and two years in a non-profit leadership role.

Hi! I have also applied for Blavatnik MPP this year. I am from Georgia and have experience working in NGOs (I have also founded two prominent ones), public service, and international development organizations.
Reply 16
Original post by alexzibzib
Hi! I have also applied for Blavatnik MPP this year. I am from Georgia and have experience working in NGOs (I have also founded two prominent ones), public service, and international development organizations.

Oh wow! some really amazing people here in this thread. Would love to connect with you all even if we don't get to be batchmates. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hello! An offer from Oxford would be a dream come true. I’ve been doing so much research on Oxford while waiting that I ended up here🤣. I’m a recently graduated Brazilian Lawyer with a deep history in activism, having lead large peaceful demonstrations. So worried about everything though… Hope we all see each other in September! 😊

Wow! a leader through and through. Best wishes to you. 🙂
Original post by Anonymous #1
Anyone else applying for the BSG dphil in PP?

I've also applied for a DPhil! Does anyone know when we might hear back? Many other DPhil programmes have started (or finished) interviewing...

Good luck to everyone!
Do any of you know of anyone doing the course at the moment or who has completed it previously?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending