The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway biology b1 b2 b3 gcse 2017

how did you find it?? I personally found all the 6 markers difficult :frown: but I felt it was alright.
Reply 1
I came out of the exam really happy, but I've just been realising more and more errors since, and it's really getting me down...
Original post by caliex
I came out of the exam really happy, but I've just been realising more and more errors since, and it's really getting me down...

Same lol
Original post by caliex

I completely get you! Everyone started talking about answers, and I was like, 'I wrote none of that'. :frown:
Original post by sofiecookie
how did you find it?? I personally found all the 6 markers difficult :frown: but I felt it was alright.

Did you get the first 6 marker about the concentration??:s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by lauren knight

I stared at it for a few secs and was like ooooh you use a ruler... then realised I had never done this before in a biology exam and was a bit like well played ocr
Original post by caliex
I stared at it for a few secs and was like ooooh you use a ruler... then realised I had never done this before in a biology exam and was a bit like well played ocr

It seemed too much like chemistry ngl
Reply 7
Original post by caliex

I'd assume that this years grade boundaries would be low because I do think this paper was harder than last years, so you don't need to worry.
Reply 8
Original post by caliex

same the 6 markers were all so hard and the questions abou the lady birds and who was wrong lol i dont think i did too well but im hoping grade boundaries will b lower this year.
Reply 9

i put 20 as the concentration i know thats wrong and we were supposed to use tthe rectangle but i had no idea why it was there and i just though it was a printing error or something coz i didnt know what to do with it also the last six marker in b3 was so hard i honestly had no clue what to write
It seemed too much like chemistry ngl

yh it really did
guys I'm legit getting paranoid you know for the rabbit adaptations questions. I wrote about the fact that they had whiskers did I get it right or wrong????????????
The lady bug question was awful! and the question where you had to correct the persons exam mistakes...Erm, OCR, WE ARE IN AN EXAM WE DON'T WANT TO CORRECT SOMEONE ELSE'S ERRORS!

I think the grade boundaries will be lower because there was loads of hard questions!
Original post by ArhamRehman
guys I'm legit getting paranoid you know for the rabbit adaptations questions. I wrote about the fact that they had whiskers did I get it right or wrong????????????

Yeah i dont see you getting the mark for that, shouldve said something like fur or something about size or something about their ears :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by humayun.h
Yeah i dont see you getting the mark for that, shouldve said something like fur or something about size or something about their ears :frown:

i wrote larger sa:v ratio for desert animal -> more heat less / vice versa
Original post by Nanda9
i wrote larger sa:v ratio for desert animal -> more heat less / vice versa

easy marks :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by ArhamRehman
guys I'm legit getting paranoid you know for the rabbit adaptations questions. I wrote about the fact that they had whiskers did I get it right or wrong??????????

One of the rabbits had large,thin ears which increases SA:V, and the other rabbit had an insulating layer of blubber, which reduces SA:V as well as heat loss.

Quick Reply

Latest