The Student Room Group

AS Biology Paper 1 2017 AQA UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Poll

How did you find the exam?

Comment some of the answers and I'll try to arrange it all below for y'all...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What did you guys do for the graph? How did you draw the graph?
Reply 2
Original post by ember...

For each little square it was worth 0.02 for me and how did u find the ratios? I just did ......:1
Reply 3
Wasn't question one:
No of nucleotides in image. 8.
Type of bond. I put phosphodiester.
Didn't it ask to give it as a whole number e.g 5.2:1 is 5.2 and plot the graph with whole numbers? I did whole number ratio along the y axis and concentration along x axis and then drew a line of best fit
Exactly what I did
Original post by ember...

I got a graph sloping downwards, but i don't know if this is right.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hvostik
Wasn't question one:
No of nucleotides in image. 8.
Type of bond. I put phosphodiester.

Yeahh gg
Reply 8
Did ur curve go through all the points (anyone plz)? ?
Reply 9
Bacteria q. Was 6 million...volume of blood 5800-6000 around that
Original post by Liv1234567890
Didn't it ask to give it as a whole number e.g 5.2:1 is 5.2 and plot the graph with whole numbers? I did whole number ratio along the y axis and concentration along x axis and then drew a line of best fit

Yeah in the table I put my answer as the two values divided by eachother. I got a curve sloping down with an anomaly Hence the next question indicating to explain the reason for the anomaly
Original post by Shehzar
Bacteria q. Was 6 million...volume of blood 5800-6000 around that

Yeah I got something like that
Original post by Mana458
Did ur curve go through all the points (anyone plz)? ?

Through all points except 0.8 hence we were asked to explain that point in the question after :smile:
In general how did you all find the exam? Do you think the grade boundaries will be low or high?
Reply 14
Original post by sophieegou
Through all points except 0.8 hence we were asked to explain that point in the question after :smile:

Omg yes lol
Reply 15

Omg yes tha ks
What did you guys do for the statistical test?
Reply 17
In no particular order:
Circle the group that's the same for all a.a. Circle (C, NH3, COOH, H)
What crossing over was, and how it increased genetic diversity.
No of haploid chromosomes in cell.
When does meiosis happen in some shrub.
Mode genetic diversity - 5 I think
Majority of fish are from sample A, a student concluded tat that sample is most diverse, why can't we make this conclusion.
Use the info above to answer the following: two benefits of HAART; why is azt(?) linked with muscle wastage;
Benefits of lipid droplets and micelles.
Name the thing and what it does. I put Golgi (might be smooth er) , packages into vesicles for exocytosis.
Purpose of DNA helicase, and then DNA polymerase.
Reply 18
Volume of blood, I got 18000

Wasn't the type of bond just an ester bond? Because a phosphodiester bond is for two successive sugars and the arrow was just pointing at one bond.

Number of nucleotides: I got 8

Reason for the anomaly at 0.8moldm3: I said the final mass to initial mass ratio was too high as the point was above my curve, and so the final mass recorded was too high, and that maybe he didn't dry the chip properly to get all the water out so the final mass was too high.

The haploid number was 6 I think but I put 3 for some reason.

DNA Helicase breaks the hydrogen bonds between base pairs which seperates the bases leaving them exposed

DNA Polymerase: joins the nucleotides together in the 3' to 5' direction forming a polynucleotide strand.
Reply 19
Yeah I got something like that

Same, but a friend noted that we should have multiplied it by 2^3 not 2, because it's cm^3...

Quick Reply