The Student Room Group

AQA AS CHEMISTRY 2017 exam discussion

How prepared are you guys for tomorrow's paper? Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Who needs preparation?

Seriously though, I'm feeling fairly confident as long as they don't do lengthy physical calculations...
Reply 2
Original post by Spectre2000
Who needs preparation?

Seriously though, I'm feeling fairly confident as long as they don't do lengthy physical calculations...

Yeah i'm feeling pretty confident for this, but i think they will have a few calculations(like they always do) and/or a few practical questions worth high marks.
Not feeling good about it at all :frown: had a mixture of teachers all year and now my teacher has been off for 2 weeks!! Aiming for an A !

If anyone could help with the questions I've posted, I'll love you forever
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4740246
How did you all found it
terrible
Hard:frown: I was aiming for am A but my medicine dream is shattered I think. It was all calculations wih little theory.
Reply 7
Original post by chelseafc141
How did you all found it

I found it alright definitely easier than last year
Reply 8
The paper was really hard compared to last year, there were too many 6 and 4 mark questions
Reply 9
Original post by Josy2000
I found it alright definitely easier than last year

Is this a reserve paradox world i live in? Or did i read your comment wrong? That paper was hell
Original post by Spectre2000
Who needs preparation?

aaaaaand you jinxed it.
Original post by starstudent7
Hard:frown: I was aiming for am A but my medicine dream is shattered I think. It was all calculations wih little theory.

same doing law now
Original post by HateOCR
aaaaaand you jinxed it.

Of course...

That exam went badly.
Reply 13
I thought it was alright TBH ☺️
It honestly felt more like a maths paper than a chemistry one. I think the actual theory questions were good but the maths was insanely hard.

Here's hoping for low grade boundaries and a great paper 2!
Why are they turning a simple 3 marker into algebra hell is what I want to know
Did anyone use the quadratic formula, I didn't but a lot of people did? I thought for Kc you use the INITIAL concs which were both 1? May be wrong :colondollar:
Yoo what was the hardest question (A2 student here)
I feel like I did so bad that the paper was doing a thriller laugh at me when the invigilator told us to stop.
Reply 19
[QUOTE=adz-x-kii;71709044]same doing law now

I thought i was the only one ! 😭 i acc dont know what im gonna do cas i need an A in chem out of all of my subjects! I found the theory stuff fine yet it was some of the calculations that messed me up.

Quick Reply

Latest