The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

I did terrible in maths paper 1 (Edecxel), looking at the markscheme I got 48 but should have done better because it's probably the easiest out of the three papers.
I did so many stupid mistakes.
Do I still have a high chance of getting a 7??
(edited 6 years ago)
Yup, I got about 44 marks based on the unofficial mark schemes, and I'm aiming for a 7. You just need to do your best on the next 2 papers which should be easier due to calculators.
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
Yup, I got about 44 marks based on the unofficial mark schemes, and I'm aiming for a 7. You just need to do your best on the next 2 papers which should be easier due to calculators.

u might not know this well enough, but if i get 68-70, do i have a chance of getting grade 9 if i get more marks? AQA here, but idc.
Original post by rickH123
u might not know this well enough, but if i get 68-70, do i have a chance of getting grade 9 if i get more marks? AQA here, but idc.

Definitely, on the TSR, the grade boundaries that are made are mostly over estimates, made by students from grammar schools who have very high boundaries. Most average schools have an 8 as 60 marks and 9 as 68 marks or so, and also the mocks that were done had very terrible average marks. Therefore the grade boundaries in August are very likely to be low, because of the harder questions and also because the government want their education system to look good because lots of people would get high grades.

So you definitely have a chance in getting a 9.
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
Definitely, on the TSR, the grade boundaries that are made are mostly over estimates, made by students from grammar schools who have very high boundaries. Most average schools have an 8 as 60 marks and 9 as 68 marks or so, and also the mocks that were done had very terrible average marks. Therefore the grade boundaries in August are very likely to be low, because of the harder questions and also because the government want their education system to look good because lots of people would get high grades.

So you definitely have a chance in getting a 9.

how many marks do u reckon i can lose and still stay within my boundary? I don't really trst the pixl ones cuz my friend did it and he said that barely anyone revised cuz it was a "mock"
Reply 5
I am aiming for a grade 8 and I too have done badly on paper 1, I think I got around 45-50, do I still stand a chance of getting a grade 8 overall?
Original post by rickH123
how many marks do u reckon i can lose and still stay within my boundary? I don't really trst the pixl ones cuz my friend did it and he said that barely anyone revised cuz it was a "mock"

I don't really know, you can't trust any grade boundary, all you can do is hope for low boundaries and just do your best on the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest