7-150
6-120
5-90
4-60
3-40
2-20
1-15 OR LOWER

THESE ARE NOT REAL JUST PREDICTIONS
TAKING IN THE FACT THAT ITS THE FIRST YEAR DOING GCSE 9-1 MATHS.

MY SCHOOL PREDICTIONS TAKING IN THE FACT THAT I GO TO A GRAMMAR SCHOOL

9-192
8-162
7-135
6-105
5-84
4-66
3-54
2-27
1-18
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shrofken
Grade predictions for 9-1 gcse maths 2017
all out of 240

9-210
8-180

I feel like a 9 will be higher than 210 though.
Reply 2
Original post by YourCaesar
7 - 150
6 - 120
5 - 90
4 - 60

you repeated what i wrote
Reply 3
Original post by perfectlywrecked
I feel like a 9 will be higher than 210 though.

i dont think so because its the first year its my opinion though idk lol...
you repeated what i wrote

Yeah, before you edited it.
I got around 120(least)-130(most), have I secured a 6?
Reply 5
Yeah, before you edited it.
I got around 120(least)-130(most), have I secured a 6?

sorry defintely you got a six dont worry
Reply 6
Now that the papers are designed to have 50% of their content at grades 7-9, rather than the old spec which had 25% of marks at grades A-A*, might it not be reasonable to suggest that the marks needed for grade 7 would be a little under 50%? Why? Well on the old spec the mark needed for grade A was about 70% (compared with the 75% of marks available for questions below grade A.) So working with this figure and assuming candidates this year will be similar to those in previous years, we should not expect to have to get any grade 7-9 marks to achieve grade 7. That means I'd start looking for the grade 7 boundary around 47%.
Reply 7
Original post by NigNog
Now that the papers are designed to have 50% of their content at grades 7-9, rather than the old spec which had 25% of marks at grades A-A*, might it not be reasonable to suggest that the marks needed for grade 7 would be a little under 50%? Why? Well on the old spec the mark needed for grade A was about 70% (compared with the 75% of marks available for questions below grade A.) So working with this figure and assuming candidates this year will be similar to those in previous years, we should not expect to have to get any grade 7-9 marks to achieve grade 7. That means I'd start looking for the grade 7 boundary around 47%.

i dont think that 112 out of 240 is an A i think if it goes to a minimum it would be 140 out of 240
Original post by NigNog

Woah, isn't that a little TOO low?
Okay, a 7 could be around 55%, but that's quite a stretch, no?
Grade predictions for 9-1 gcse maths 2017
all out of 240

9-210
8-180
7-150
6-120
5-90
4-60
3-40
2-20
1-15 OR LOWER

THESE ARE NOT REAL JUST PREDICTIONS
TAKING IN THE FACT THAT ITS THE FIRST YEAR DOING GCSE 9-1 MATHS.

MY SCHOOL PREDICTIONS TAKING IN THE FACT THAT I GO TO A GRAMMAR SCHOOL

9-192
8-162
7-135
6-105
5-84
4-66
3-54
2-27
1-18

your grammar school seems very accurate
Reply 10

true
Reply 11

Maybe your school have set high grade boundaries to make you study more that's what I think. I'm assuming everyone on TSR is basically private/grammar school, so the grade boundaries for you will be pretty high to make you motivated to push for a higher grade. So that's why everyone thinks it's very high
Original post by NigNog
Maybe your school have set high grade boundaries to make you study more that's what I think. I'm assuming everyone on TSR is basically private/grammar school, so the grade boundaries for you will be pretty high to make you motivated to push for a higher grade. So that's why everyone thinks it's very high

Yeah, I go to a public school and my maths teacher said 40/80 was a 5. In the mocks, I got 48/240 and that was a scale 2. We have really high grade boundaries, and I think that they're doing it to make us strive for better marks.
Reply 13
Original post by NigNog

also very true maths teacher told me exactly the same
Reply 14
Yeah, I go to a public school and my maths teacher said 40/80 was a 5. In the mocks, I got 48/240 and that was a scale 2. We have really high grade boundaries, and I think that they're doing it to make us strive for better marks.

40 out of 80 is a definete 6 or maybe even 7
40 out of 80 is a definete 6 or maybe even 7

Yeah, that's what i'm saying, I think the reason they're so low was to motivate us to do better. But we'll just have to find out and see. All I want is a scale 6 in maths and BB for science. Couldn't really care about the rest tbh.
Reply 16
Yeah, that's what i'm saying, I think the reason they're so low was to motivate us to do better. But we'll just have to find out and see. All I want is a scale 6 in maths and BB for science. Couldn't really care about the rest tbh.

lol true, spread the message of this thread to start a larger discussion https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4784662&p=72181976#post72181976
Reply 17
I can only hope 105 is enough for a 6. Did all my three papers and I think I got 108 ;(
anyone know what 200 would be? i did want a 9 but i messed up paper 2 and lost most of my marks there :/ i would be really happy with an 8 though, but idk if it would be
Reply 19
Original post by NigNog
I can only hope 105 is enough for a 6. Did all my three papers and I think I got 108 ;(

Same I'd be absolutely gutted if I got a 5.

Quick Reply

Latest