The Student Room Group

should i resit maths in november 2023 or june 2024

just wondering on wha u guys think,,
if i revise 1 hour everyday starting from today, do u think i should resit it in november (if i see a big improvement in the next 3 months)?

+ tips on how to get a grade 4 for maths (not aiming for a 9 pls!) its foundation
Reply 1
Original post by biochemmathss
just wondering on wha u guys think,,
if i revise 1 hour everyday starting from today, do u think i should resit it in november (if i see a big improvement in the next 3 months)?

+ tips on how to get a grade 4 for maths (not aiming for a 9 pls!) its foundation

Use videos from the GCSE maths tutor on YouTube aswell as website such as maths genie and physics and maths tutor for revision, can I ask how far off the grade boundary you were?
Reply 2
Original post by Maths_Duck
Use videos from the GCSE maths tutor on YouTube aswell as website such as maths genie and physics and maths tutor for revision, can I ask how far off the grade boundary you were?

thx, i was thinking of just using maths genie for the videos but i will consider using gcse maths tutor and pmt

i got 89 (so grade 2) but from my previous mocks, i improved
Reply 3
thx, i was thinking of just using maths genie for the videos but i will consider using gcse maths tutor and pmt

Do you think you can get it up to the 4 grade boundaries by November?
Reply 4
maths genie was my go to for gcse maths - id defo recommend it :smile:
Reply 5

Will you get lessons at school? You are probably best waiting as you got a grade 2.
Reply 6
Original post by TazmeenX
maths genie was my go to for gcse maths - id defo recommend it :smile:

Still love maths genie for A-level
Reply 7
Do you think you can get it up to the 4 grade boundaries by November?

think so, if improvements are made. if not june 2024 will have to do
Reply 8
think so, if improvements are made. if not june 2024 will have to do

Are you having lessons at school?
Reply 9
I've been struggling with maths for a really long time. still trying to get my maths gcse. i done higher i got 34 marks out of 240 i was 13 marks away from getting a four. i did foundation maths 2021 and i got 134 but the pass mark was 135. Ive been struggling with maths alot and all the enough i put in. im not getting the grade that i want. The golden four. i do maths watch. i do past papers, maths genie but it still not working. Any tips
Are you having lessons at school?

yes
Original post by ALIeHSANI
I've been struggling with maths for a really long time. still trying to get my maths gcse. i done higher i got 34 marks out of 240 i was 13 marks away from getting a four. i did foundation maths 2021 and i got 134 but the pass mark was 135. Ive been struggling with maths alot and all the enough i put in. im not getting the grade that i want. The golden four. i do maths watch. i do past papers, maths genie but it still not working. Any tips

maybe go through the maths genie grade 1 to make sure you have got the basics before going to the grade 4-5 questions. thats what im doing
maybe go through the maths genie grade 1 to make sure you have got the basics before going to the grade 4-5 questions. thats what im doing

Original post by ALIeHSANI

All that can be advised for maths is practice sadly and at school ask your teacher for help on topics you don’t get. Sometimes you needed it explained in different ways to fully understand it. I agree with @biochemmaths tho work your way up the grades for the questions
All that can be advised for maths is practice sadly and at school ask your teacher for help on topics you don’t get. Sometimes you needed it explained in different ways to fully understand it. I agree with @biochemmaths tho work your way up the grades for the questions

do you think one hour every day will be good? i'm thinking of 2-3 hours when school starts
do you think one hour every day will be good? i'm thinking of 2-3 hours when school starts

I’d say that’s fine, just make sure to take regular breaks!

Quick Reply

Latest