The Student Room Group

Anyone taking edexcel A level French and/or German in 2018?

I'm wondering if you guys have anything to share that could be helpful, there was nothing on TSR so I thought I'd make a thread :smile:
I'm studying Un Sac de Billes next year and Au Revoir les Enfants for the film :smile:
Reply 1
hi, I'm in year 13 and taking both languages (both edexcel). I'm studying intouchables for the film bit but I'm doing un sac de billes for the book. I'd say it's more interesting than you think it's going to be and I've really enjoyed doing it in class.The best thing to do is read the English copy first as it helps with understanding a lot better than going straight for the french version.

I personally find french easier however German isn't too bad. I think the hardest thing in German is all the different tenses and cases but once you get your head around it, it's fine. In terms of usefulness, i'd say both are good languages to have and German is especially good for things such as business and you could say that you'd stand out more as not as many people do it.
I will be sitting both exams this June, but only the A Level papers and not the AS. Since I am doing the new specifications, my school could not provide my teacher with Teachers Resources and listening materials for French. I was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding this matter or any materials that would help me with the exam. I’m going to Uni this September so I will not have any other chances to resit the exam.
I would very much appreciate any help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest