French is the only language I study at GCSE and it is my only subject that I enjoy, I got a 9 (236/240) in my French Y10 mock and I didn’t do anywhere near as well in any other subject.
The 6th form I’m going to offers a French, Spanish and German a-level course. I know that I’m taking French and I’ll be taking German from scratch too. I want to do languages at a good university, specifically French and another language (That other one might be one I study at a level but I’m also interested in Asian and middle eastern languages as well). I’m certain that I want to teach languages as a job.
So, should I take all 3 languages at A level?
- I did Spanish throughout the entirety of primary school but otherwise I have no knowledge of Spanish or German
- I don’t want to take Spanish instead of German, I am obsessed with German culture and I would love to live in Germany someday
- Like I said earlier, I don’t really like any other subject I do aside from French
- People have told me to do History or/and English Lit.
- I did fairly well in my history mocks but I don’t like the subject very much
- With English Lit, I think it’s the subject I should take, it’s very good for uni applications and I enjoy it more than most subjects at GCSE, however I do not like the texts studied at all and I didn’t do well in my mocks
- The only other subject I’d think of taking is religious studies, it is my favourite subject aside from languages and I did well in my mocks, however, the part I like about the subject is learning about the various religions, and not so much the philosophical and ethics side of it, which is most of the course seems to be about
I could take 3 languages and an extra 4th one as a backup and drop it after AS however this is rarely done in my 6th form and isn’t really recommended. I just need some advice on what to take, thanks!