The Student Room Group

Will these GCSEs allow me to become a barrister?

I took Classical civilisation, history, religious studies and German.

Will these help me to become a barrister?
Reply 1
Original post by shai01

THE a-levels you do are more important.
Reply 2
Original post by shai01

History or any other humanities subject is handy because you'll gain the analytical skills you need to become a barrister. RE/RS is useful but not really and learning a language like German is beneficial because you might need it in your future career and especially if you want to apply to unis like UCL, you need to a GCSE in MFL. Hope that helps. :smile:
Original post by shai01

As long as you achieve good grades then these GCSE's are all good ones to have, hence they will help you to become a barrister. Law is extremely competitive and your A-levels matter a lot more when it comes to getting into a good uni to do a law degree. Most of the applicants for law degrees will have very high A-level and GCSE results, and so as well as academic achievements it's important that you have other things to put in your application to help you to stand out. For example, you could apply to do some relevant work experience, along with having a variety of extra curricular activities to show that you are a well rounded person.
TBH the gcses you pick do not really matter. As long as you get good grades and do the core subjects, you can pretty much do whatever.
Reply 5
GCSEs don't even matter.

Quick Reply

Latest