The Student Room Group

What misconceptions do people have about your pets?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ax12
I've got three whippets! All boys though :P loads of people think ours are crosses because they're pretty big and muscly. they are such a wonderful breed though!!

Yes they are! :smile: Don't see many around. Ours sleeps quite a bit, but they're also loyal breeds. Our neighbor dogs on the other hand never shut up. :tongue: We know ours is a cross with whippet, but don't know what else she's crossed with.
Reply 21
That cats are unhygienic. Cats are very clean animals. Mine are even human toilet trained :yep: all we have to do for them is flush the toilet but they sit on the toilet and do their business so they are never in contact with their poop or pee like they are in the wild or with a litter tray. We trained our two eldest about 3 years ago and haven't looked back :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Pepsi_Max
IMG_20170606_164001_315.jpg

Here she is :biggrin:

Omg she is beautiful :love:
Another person here to bust the "cat's aren't affectionate" one. They aren't as stupidly happy as dogs, bu they are affectionate in their own way and certainly aren't violent. My cat will meow at me and walk me to "her" bed so I can cuddle her and if she wants more love she will rub her head into my hand.

On a similar note: "cat's aren't good with kids". Mine used to let me dress her up in doll clothes and the other let me use him as a pillow and dry my tears on his tail. They are wonderful with kids as long as the kids aren't cruel to them. The only time they ever lashed out is if they were scared and even then they never hurt me (just waved their paws and hissed).

Cats are wonderful, loving little fluff balls. You just need to know how to respect them and speak their language. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest