The Student Room Group

LCCM or ICMP?

Hi guys, I'm starting my guitar Cert HE Creative Musicianship this semester and I've got offers from ICMP and LCCM. I'm struggling to decide, at first thought of LCCM 'cause it seemed like a genuine place for music education but seems like their Cert HE course dont offer as much as in ICMP. Also it's hard to find information about LCCM and was curious to know if anyone's studied there and is willing to share their experience?
Lccm is a great place to study. I have learnt a great deal on my first year of the Hons degree and I'm sure I shall learn more over the next 2 years. There will also be new fascilities from the spring!
To any new students thinking of going to LCCM do not be fooled. You should know that in January 2018 the company went BANKRUPT and was cheaply taken over by an uninspiring corporation 'Global University System.
Students have to complain about getting drinking water. classes are constantly cancelled and moved about whenever a tutor needs. I've been in a class for 7 weeks and not had my tutor at all except some anonymous deputy tutor steps in, consequently the teaching is all over the place.
Musical equipment is really shoddy and poor and we don't even have one acoustic piano in the entire institution ! Its a joke and id be laughing if I hadn't already paid to study this place. and they simply don't bother maintain their equipment I could get 2 tree branches from the street and they in better condition than some of the drumsticks they loan out here.

information on the website about ur exams is useless and incorrect about what u should submit and no one seems to update this!
Payment is a BIG issue here. there are so many students who are owed money for refunds (I'm talking thousands of pounds) yet queries are directed to some great big anonymous corporate finance department. This is awful. and Credit Control threatening to kick students out for issues with payment is very, very stressful. I heard even the teachers have problem getting paid ! is no surprise a lot of the good teachers are leaving!

Do NOT be fooled by the shiny new building. it is partly a dangerous building site with rooms unfinished and a brand new performance venue that was promised no one knows what is happening. even the basic student work area is a crammed, noisy intrusive environment with people eating and singing loudly and very few desks or chairs (hard uancomfortable desks) you cannot do any work or concentrate here, and students even having to sit on floor. there is ONE computer for the entire college to print out their work (and I am not kidding)
There is no student common room - (unless they think this work area is the common room) except a dingy tiny little boxy room which seats three chairs. the place is a joke and id be laughing if I hadn't already paid to study this place.
do yourself a favour, save your money and study somewhere else.

P.S yes i apologise for my bad grammar, English is not my first language. But more importasnly is my experience of this college.
Reply 3
Who hurt you
Reply 4
I've just paid to go ICMP for Music Production, thank God not this one!
How is it going? What is your experience at ICMP like?

Latest

Trending

Trending