The Student Room Group

London College of Music or Leeds Conservatoire?

Hi - any thoughts on these 2 places? I have a place at Leeds Conservatoire to study Popular Music but also a place at LCM (and also LCCM) for their Pop courses - might London be better because of its huge music scene?
Original post by BabyShark21
Hi - any thoughts on these 2 places? I have a place at Leeds Conservatoire to study Popular Music but also a place at LCM (and also LCCM) for their Pop courses - might London be better because of its huge music scene?

hey I know this isn't answering your question but I just wanted to ask how long it took for leeds to reach out to you after auditioning? I auditioned via acceptd online and haven’t heard back yet, getting a bit worried about whether I have a place haha.
My son didn't apply to London College of Music as he felt they didn't offer what he was looking for, but he did get offers from LCCM & Leeds. Initially the bright lights of London were a lure but he chose Leeds in the end. We had feedback from various people that at this stage for him London was just too big and over saturated. He has had so many more opportunities in Leeds than he would have had in London where there are such a huge number of music and colleges and courses with everyone vying for the same opportunities but he has also travelled to London a few times for paid playing work.

Saying that we were very impressed by LCCM on the open day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending