The Student Room Group

Management Consultancy with Life Sciences degree: What degree/Uni

Hi all. I'm hoping to apply for medicine, however, I still have my 5th non-medicine option to consider. I was thinking either Cancer Biomedicine at UCL, Biomedicine at Edinburgh or Biomedicine at Warwick. I was worried Cancer biomedicine is too niche and the entry requirements are quite a bit higher. Edinburgh and Warwick are both good Unis, with Edinburgh edging out a bit higher on the league tables, however, do consultancy firms take on grads with these degrees on. Which do you think would potentially have higher prospects at a top London firm?

Original post by amjam441

Hi all. I'm hoping to apply for medicine, however, I still have my 5th non-medicine option to consider. I was thinking either Cancer Biomedicine at UCL, Biomedicine at Edinburgh or Biomedicine at Warwick. I was worried Cancer biomedicine is too niche and the entry requirements are quite a bit higher. Edinburgh and Warwick are both good Unis, with Edinburgh edging out a bit higher on the league tables, however, do consultancy firms take on grads with these degrees on. Which do you think would potentially have higher prospects at a top London firm?

Consultancy is very much Oxbridge/LSE territory. That being said UCL or Warwick will give you the best opportunities, though unlike in I-Banking their probably semi-targets.
Original post by thatapanydude
Consultancy is very much Oxbridge/LSE territory. That being said UCL or Warwick will give you the best opportunities, though unlike in I-Banking their probably semi-targets.

So people doing STEM degrees from a non target university i.e not oxbridge/LSE have no chance of ever getting into Consultancy? Is it that bad that they dont look at your potential and just the brand name of where you studied?
Original post by sachinisgod
So people doing STEM degrees from a non target university i.e not oxbridge/LSE have no chance of ever getting into Consultancy? Is it that bad that they dont look at your potential and just the brand name of where you studied?

Nah, you get people from warwick, ucl, bristol, york, exeter, durham, bath, edinburgh etc at interviews but below that tier it'd be pretty difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending