The Student Room Group

Is a Biomedical Science degree restricted to just being a scientist/researcher?

I am planning to take a Biomedical Science degree at either Imperial/UCL/Manchester/Warwick/KCl, and after finishing the course I want to go into health management/consultancy after doing a MBA. Would this be a suitable path and not an impossible thing to do?
The main thing I'm worried about is that these unis aren't IBMS accredited so if I do take the course, will I still need a IBMS accredited uni to go to management etc. I'm in Year 13 and have no ambition to be a scientist/researcher at all, just wanting to have the degree and use it to go into management etc.
There used to be a handful of universities offering health management degrees. That would likely be a better option than biomed (you’re wouldn’t want to study an MBA until after you have 5-10 years experience in graduate employment).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
There used to be a handful of universities offering health management degrees. That would likely be a better option than biomed (you’re wouldn’t want to study an MBA until after you have 5-10 years experience in graduate employment).

Thanks for your comment. Since I’ve seen some people with a Bsc in Biomed go into account/project management and I’m very interested in doing that. But I just want to know the likelihood of accomplishing that as well and what else I would need to do after just having a Biomed degree
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending