The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Wormtail will definitely return, as he still has a bond with Harry, and Harry's saving of Wormtail's life hasn;t been repaid.
I reckon that tonks could be DADA teacher, though would love Lupin to be it. (By the way, is Lupin muggle-born?)
We have to find out why Snape is not considered as the DADA teacher, because I'm sure J K Rowling wouldn't want to leave too many if any questions unanswered. I agree thsat it could be because Sanpe might teach the dark arts, but I thought that Dumblydore trusts him.
Maybe Snape will be the DADA teacher and Voldemort finds out that Snape is a spy. Voldemort kills Snape and then there has to be a new teacher the next year.
Reply 2802
Take it that the anti-harry thread didn't work too well if non-harry fans are over here.
Reply 2803
Xenon
Take it that the anti-harry thread didn't work too well if non-harry fans are over here.

Your thread is too big. Time to delete. hahaha. J/K

Dont know what happened to anti-hp thread? Maybe because it became too violent. lol.
Reply 2804
Bhaal85
Your thread is too big. Time to delete. hahaha. J/K

Dont know what happened to anti-hp thread? Maybe because it became too violent. lol.

As long as there are harry potter fans here who want to discuss the books, this thread will continue to live on!
Reply 2805
I think Dumbledore thinks Snape would become even more of a prick if he was allowed to teach DADA- remember how awful he was when he substituted for Lupin? and its too important to let him screw it up- besides, hes very good at potions- potions has a recipe- even if the teacher is scary you can just pay attention- DADA requires alot of concentration and power- you can't do that if you are being intimidated-
Reply 2806
Brooklyn
I think Dumbledore thinks Snape would become even more of a prick if he was allowed to teach DADA- remember how awful he was when he substituted for Lupin? and its too important to let him screw it up- besides, hes very good at potions- potions has a recipe- even if the teacher is scary you can just pay attention- DADA requires alot of concentration and power- you can't do that if you are being intimidated-

I agree :smile: Snape makes a great potions teacher but he is far too evil for DADA
voldemort already knows snape is a spy cos he said it to the other deatheaters dat one of them has betrayed him, but voldemort didnt exactly say his name out
Reply 2808
Harry needs to learn DADA well.
Snape hates Harry and gives him a hard time.
If Snape were given the job Harry might be constricted in his learning.

Dumbledore may have considered this and decided it was important Harry be given a better environment in which to learn.

Not saying that's the main reason but perhaps a bystander.

---

Just considered this and realised though it wouldn't fit in with Dumbledore's actions in the last book. Learning oclumency was highly important and he intrusted Snape with one to one lessons so...there goes that theory.
Reply 2809
Brooklyn
So..... I think the fact that Lucius is mean to Draco is going to make Draco rebel against him later- any thoughts?

I did think that maybe Draco would rebel against his dad and maybe help fight Voldie. It would be a good idea to children as well to say that you might not be the nicest person in the world, but when you have a choice, you can still choose the right option, and be on the side of the good. But I don't know.
Xenon
I did think that maybe Draco would rebel against his dad and maybe help fight Voldie. It would be a good idea to children as well to say that you might not be the nicest person in the world, but when you have a choice, you can still choose the right option, and be on the side of the good. But I don't know.

i agree because jk has already said a lot about choices and it seems like a good message for kids, about racism and not being afraid to stand up for what you believe.

btw i read all the posts in the thread before i started posting. and it took me a while but if you´re really interested in hp then you wouldn´t mind, is actually really entertaining.
Reply 2811
Yes it'll be interesting to see whether Draco changes his ways for the better- though I assume if it does happen, it wont be in a happy 'Harry lets be freinds' way.
Reply 2812
Egan1
Yes it'll be interesting to see whether Draco changes his ways for the better- though I assume if it does happen, it wont be in a happy 'Harry lets be freinds' way.

Is this Malfoy you're on about? I love that character man, the arch-nemesis is brilliant if portrayed right. If it ain't Malfoy I'm well off the mark and need to pick up the book...
Reply 2813
Egan1

I agree, Drcao will I doubt ever become friends together, but I guess they might be able to work together. Yet another good lesson for J K Rowling to teach the kids. Even if you don't like each other, you can still cooperate and work together.
Reply 2814
Egan1
Hedwig might get jelous. :smile:

Yeah and then there would be a huge bird fight in the commen room!!
I was wondering, there are some odd sayings in OOtP like "blowing raspberry's" anyone explain to me what this means?
Reply 2815
PadFoot90
Yeah and then there would be a huge bird fight in the commen room!!
I was wondering, there are some odd sayings in OOtP like "blowing raspberry's" anyone explain to me what this means?

To blow a raspberry is to use your tomgue and lips to make the noise of a fart.
Reply 2816
ZJuwelH
To blow a raspberry is to use your tomgue and lips to make the noise of a fart.

o i c.... thanx
How bout Moody as DADA teacher?

But maybe if Snape will become the DADA teacher, he will be able to tell the students what is stong and what is weak against Voldemort or something.

There must be an event that's about to happen which will turn Malfoy to the good side.

Yay! my 200th post! :biggrin:
Reply 2818
If Draco helps the order and goes against his father it will be a miracle. He does seem to hate the control his father has over him but he already has his own group of followers, Crab and Goyle. Althouth it would make interesting twists. In book #4 at th Quiditch Cup after what's his name made the dark sign in the sky I beleive Draco seemed happy that lord voldie was on his way back actually it seems to me in every book except #1 that Draco always seemed excited by the return of Voldie maybe I am mistaking but I wonder.
i think the next DADA teacher is going to be a new character, maybe a friend of lily potter. but that´s just what i´d like, i mean we haven´t heard much about her and her life, so that would be a nice surprise for harry.

Latest

Trending

Trending