The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Doing visual effect and animation for a course

Hello, I want to ask is it easy to get a job doing visual effect and animation as a course in university?
Original post by Llllan
Hello, I want to ask is it easy to get a job doing visual effect and animation as a course in university?

Hi @Llllan,

First of all, so sorry for not replying to you sooner, and thanks for reaching out to ask about employment prospects with our 3D Animation and Visual Effects degree qualification.

Courses at Herts are career-focused, designed to get you ready for the modern workplace - we're proud that 93.5% of Herts UK graduates are employed or in further study within 15 months of graduation

You would have the opportunity of a work placement on this course - an excellent way to explore your career possibilities, make valuable contacts, gain sought after professional skills and stand out in the crowd.

We offer on-going careers and employment advice for four years after you graduate, including access to over 5,500 employers on our online network, as well as training and networking opportunities.

The digital animation programme prepares you for a range of careers within the industry. Our graduates have gone on to work at ILM on Star Wars films, to Epic Games to work on Fortnite, to Blue Zoo to animate cartoon series, and to Sony to work as concept artists.
Our graduates also work in the visualisation industries, using their design skills in the fields of architecture, product design and automotive design. As a result, we have animation graduates employed by Foster and Partners, Taylor James and McLaren F1. Many start their own companies, some of who have become leaders in their fields.

As you'll know, Herts is particularly well placed for the industry and so you would take advantage of our links and connections, as well as learning opportunities - our staff have worked on Harry Potter, Thor and Doctor Who for example!

I hope this gives an indication of the wide range of options that would be open to you, but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Have you visited us yet to discuss the course? Our next Open Day is coming up on 27 April - you would be able to follow up with the course leaders to find out more about employment prospects. You can book here.

All the best,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Llllan,
First of all, so sorry for not replying to you sooner, and thanks for reaching out to ask about employment prospects with our 3D Animation and Visual Effects degree qualification.
Courses at Herts are career-focused, designed to get you ready for the modern workplace - we're proud that 93.5% of Herts UK graduates are employed or in further study within 15 months of graduation
You would have the opportunity of a work placement on this course - an excellent way to explore your career possibilities, make valuable contacts, gain sought after professional skills and stand out in the crowd.
We offer on-going careers and employment advice for four years after you graduate, including access to over 5,500 employers on our online network, as well as training and networking opportunities.
The digital animation programme prepares you for a range of careers within the industry. Our graduates have gone on to work at ILM on Star Wars films, to Epic Games to work on Fortnite, to Blue Zoo to animate cartoon series, and to Sony to work as concept artists.
Our graduates also work in the visualisation industries, using their design skills in the fields of architecture, product design and automotive design. As a result, we have animation graduates employed by Foster and Partners, Taylor James and McLaren F1. Many start their own companies, some of who have become leaders in their fields.

As you'll know, Herts is particularly well placed for the industry and so you would take advantage of our links and connections, as well as learning opportunities - our staff have worked on Harry Potter, Thor and Doctor Who for example!
I hope this gives an indication of the wide range of options that would be open to you, but please let me know if you have any further questions.
Have you visited us yet to discuss the course? Our next Open Day is coming up on 27 April - you would be able to follow up with the course leaders to find out more about employment prospects. You can book here.
All the best,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications

Thank you for answering my question, I have booked an open day on the 27th.
I’m hoping to see you guys!
Original post by Llllan
Thank you for answering my question, I have booked an open day on the 27th.
I’m hoping to see you guys!

Ah that's great @Llllan - we look forward to welcoming you to the Open Day 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending