The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8640
Fleur has been cast. Here's the newsround story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_3806000/3806067.stm
Reply 8641
oh! She looks as near to perfect as I could have hoped! They will need to do something to make her look part veela though-

Sire- I'm so sorry you hated the film so much- I haven't seen it myself, but with the first two- the timing spent over some parts and not on others always seems to be a problem- they should let JKR decide that I think- (evil movie memory- the 20 minutes spent in the area by Moaning Myrtle's bathroom while they figured out spiders were crawling through the window- how many shots of a dramatic look can you get!)

in any case- keep up hope for the 4th- it could be good even as a single movie- run through and try to make up your own script order if you can- there's loads that can be shortened- book 4 is where we start having more pages of thinking than actual words- 5 is even more-

glad to see my post rate is keeping up- the theme park really threw me upwards- especially since I'll be gone most of July!!! :frown:

I think we should let Xenon have the 10,000 post- we're nearly there!
Reply 8642
parvati
We have two copies of GoF too! Can you imagine how many extra copies people must have bought for this very reason!

I have the english and the american copies of PoA.
Reply 8643
Xenon
Ok, for those who've watched the movie, and for those who'll watch it later, see if you give ratings out of 10 for the actors/actresses playing their roles in this movie.

The main ones:

The director, Alfonso: 8- much better then the other 2
Harry (aka Daniel Radcliff): 8- a little overdone in parts, but has gotten better
Hermione: 9- almost exactly how i imagined her
Ron: 8- still pretty good
Dumbledore: 2- terrible. Just terrible. He didnt look enough like the old one, or act like him. Terrible.
Snape: 10- perfect as usual
Lupin: 5- not how i thought he would look, not as nice either
Sirius: 7- still didnt look right to me, but pretty good job
Pettigrew: 3- still looked way to much like a rat. Disgusting
Hagrid: 10- great
Draco: 6- is it even the same guy? Haircut has gotta go, but they really brought out the bully in him this time
Prof. Trelawny: 5- average.
Fudge: 3- just didnt fit for me, not kind enough
Fred and George: 2- hated the way they dragged harry inside for some reason, bad haircuts, just not good overall
The fat lady: 5. Ok
Marge: 7- pretty good, she was really mean, so it fit
Dean: 5- i thought he was tall and skinny, not short and plump? Not that it matters, but just different.
Buckbeck: 9- pretty cool

I still dont see why lupin had all the welts on his face? I think when he was the werefolf he didnt act enough like a wolf. I imagined Sirius to be a huge dog, not some medium sized little one. Also- what the hell was that head thing on the bus? I didnt like it :tongue:
I didnt like how they left out the whole thing about padfoot,prongs,moony and wormtail. And who conjured the patronus the first time when harry was trying to save sirius at the lake? Was it him?
Reply 8644
[QUOTE="PadFoot90"]
Xenon
Ok, for those who've watched the movie, and for those who'll watch it later, see if you give ratings out of 10 for the actors/actresses playing their roles in this movie.

The main ones:

The director, Alfonso: 8- much better then the other 2
Harry (aka Daniel Radcliff): 8- a little overdone in parts, but has gotten better
Hermione: 9- almost exactly how i imagined her
Ron: 8- still pretty good
Dumbledore: 2- terrible. Just terrible. He didnt look enough like the old one, or act like him. Terrible.
Snape: 10- perfect as usual
Lupin: 5- not how i thought he would look, not as nice either
Sirius: 7- still didnt look right to me, but pretty good job
Pettigrew: 3- still looked way to much like a rat. Disgusting
Hagrid: 10- great
Draco: 6- is it even the same guy? Haircut has gotta go, but they really brought out the bully in him this time
Prof. Trelawny: 5- average.
Fudge: 3- just didnt fit for me, not kind enough
Fred and George: 2- hated the way they dragged harry inside for some reason, bad haircuts, just not good overall
The fat lady: 5. Ok
Marge: 7- pretty good, she was really mean, so it fit
Dean: 5- i thought he was tall and skinny, not short and plump? Not that it matters, but just different.
Buckbeck: 9- pretty cool

I still dont see why lupin had all the welts on his face? I think when he was the werefolf he didnt act enough like a wolf. I imagined Sirius to be a huge dog, not some medium sized little one. Also- what the hell was that head thing on the bus? I didnt like it :tongue:
I didnt like how they left out the whole thing about padfoot,prongs,moony and wormtail. And who conjured the patronus the first time when harry was trying to save sirius at the lake? Was it him?

I hated the new dumbledore too. I pretty much agree with your ratings. Has anybody heard in an interview what the head things are?
Reply 8645
moncal
We have two copies too. I have one and then my sister bought one from the library for a dollar.

Yeah, libraries are brilliant for those things. I got HP books 2 and 3 (slightly ripped but mendable) for 10p each. And from a charity shop book 1 for 30p.
Reply 8646
I was just messing around on JKR site, did anyone else figure out the phone thing?
Reply 8647
SiriusFan
I think dumbledore will expell malfoy, crabe and goyle, because he does not want sons of death eaters in his school. They could be passing information to voldemort and the death eaters! Then since they are expelled, they will also become death eaters. So in the next book harry has to worry about draco AND voldemort

ha just found this post from page 16, and i was wondering what everyone thinks now, will dumbledore expel malfoy crabbe and goyle?
Reply 8648
PadFoot90
ha just found this post from page 16, and i was wondering what everyone thinks now, will dumbledore expel malfoy crabbe and goyle?

Dumbledore is too kind to do that. Plus the ministry will just overturn his decision.
Harry potter is probably going to die at the dn of the seventh book, well thats my opinion.
T.r.i.n.i.t.y
Harry potter is probably going to die at the dn of the seventh book, well thats my opinion.

Yeah that would make the most sense :rolleyes:

Hiow else can JKR end the series?!? she said shes not writing any more books after #7 :rolleyes:
Reply 8651
Pixelfairy #1
Yeah that would make the most sense :rolleyes:

Hiow else can JKR end the series?!? she said shes not writing any more books after #7 :rolleyes:

Well, Harry could end up living happily every after. :smile:
Reply 8652
I'm so sick of discussing the film. We need a change of subject.
Reply 8653
Xenon
Well, Harry could end up living happily every after. :smile:

There's a nice thought but I think JKR is too mean to do that.
Reply 8654
well- 1) Harry won't die- imagine the outrage- doesn't matter if its a better storyline- it would kill the endless marketing circle and spark mass outrage-

2) Dumbledore won't expel anyone- he's always saying you are what you make yourself, not what you are born- he'd never expel someone for who their family was- look at Sirius

3) of course Lupin would have scars on his face- he mentions OFTEN that when he is a werewolf and shut up he has to resort to scratching himself- he must say it a half dozen times in book 3- and he says when the Marauders were with him, he would calm down and not do it
Reply 8655
almost forgot- padfoot90- type 62442 into the phone- remember the scene in book 5 when they are in the phone booth?
Reply 8656
Brooklyn
2) Dumbledore won't expel anyone- he's always saying you are what you make yourself, not what you are born- he'd never expel someone for who their family was- look at Sirius

That's what I was thinking. Also, there might be a minor chance that the 3 might still choose a path different from their parents, however small the chance maybe. As J K always says, coices are important. Dumbledore might try and see what choices the 3 make.
Reply 8657
hey u kno in book 5 rite at the beginnin before the story starts and ther's a title page - there's a picture of the hogwarts sign (the 4 animals) and underneath thers a banner with these four words : Draco, Dormiens, Nunquam, Titillandus, wot do they mean, wot r they for?
Reply 8658
med1
hey u kno in book 5 rite at the beginnin before the story starts and ther's a title page - there's a picture of the hogwarts sign (the 4 animals) and underneath thers a banner with these four words : Draco, Dormiens, Nunquam, Titillandus, wot do they mean, wot r they for?

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus is Latin for, never wake a sleeping dragon...i think its hogwarts moto
Reply 8659
Brooklyn
almost forgot- padfoot90- type 62442 into the phone- remember the scene in book 5 when they are in the phone booth?

I know, i got it, i was asking if anyone else had :biggrin:

I know that Lupin talks about the scratches, but i thought someone said you would see some unfortunate event when he transforms that gave him them :confused:

If you read the rumors on JKR site, she responds to two with "How dare you!?". That might not mean they are way off, but maybe that they are right?

Latest

Trending

Trending