The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9560
Sorry Brooklyn, but the rep will have to wait. I got that must spread it around message again.
Reply 9561
PadFoot90
But think of it this way: Destroying it would mean killing a friend, and where hogwarts is supposed to be one of, if not the safest places it the world, it doesnt seem like anyone could get it there. But i agree, i guess destroying it would have made sense. Also, since it seems the elixer had to be drunk regulary, shouldnt flamel and his wife have had to come to hogwarts and drink some? Also- i have been thinking about things dumbledore did in book 1. I think it was odd he returned harry's cloak, like he wanted him to go down to the stone, but he must have known harry was in some danger. Also- remember why dumbledore wasnt at hogwarts? He was flying to the ministry! Gimme a break! He could have been there in a second of he appareted, or used floo powder, but he took basicly the longest method.

In the words of Hermione and Snape. "You can't apparate in these grounds" :smile:
Reply 9562
Sire
In the words of Hermione and Snape. "You can't apparate in these grounds" :smile:

ohh duh! i had assumed they meant you cant apperate onto hogwarts grounds, but i guess you cant apperate off them either :redface: :redface:
Reply 9563
PadFoot90
ohh duh! i had assumed they meant you cant apperate onto hogwarts grounds, but i guess you cant apperate off them either :redface: :redface:

*chuckles* The point about why Dumbledore basically guided Harry to save the stone is a good one though. Then again, Dumbledore knew all about the prophecy. But wouldn't it have made sense not to send an 11yr old to face the one other person contained within that prophec?
Sire
Who's mother?

voldermort's mother.
Reply 9565
wiwarin_mir
voldermort's mother.

ah gotcha now :smile: Time for another question I can't remember seeing before. Has it ever been mentioned what Dumbledore's wand is made of? What its core is?
Sire
ah gotcha now :smile: Time for another question I can't remember seeing before. Has it ever been mentioned what Dumbledore's wand is made of? What its core is?

I don't think it is known, maybe it will be explained in book 6 or 7.
Reply 9567
PadFoot90

You can go to hogsmeade and apparate. Maybe dumbledore is one of those wizards who prefers not to apparate.
Reply 9568
Sire

We've speculated that since he discovered12 uses of dragon's blood that his wand was probably made out of a dragon's heartstring.
Reply 9569
moncal
We've speculated that since he discovered12 uses of dragon's blood that his wand was probably made out of a dragon's heartstring.

Hmm. Krum had that I think. Dumbledore is an extremely powerful wizard and all, so my first thought was that he had an extremely powerful wand like Voldemort and Harry. Perhaps he just has something simple like dragon's heartstring or unicorn hair. Ooh perhaps unicorn blood?
Sire
Hmm. Krum had that I think. Dumbledore is an extremely powerful wizard and all, so my first thought was that he had an extremely powerful wand like Voldemort and Harry. Perhaps he just has something simple like dragon's heartstring or unicorn hair. Ooh perhaps unicorn blood?

I doubt that a unicorn blood wand could be used for anything good, as it would have been made at the suffering of something so pure.
Reply 9571
I guess we can rule out one of fawke's tail feathers. I wonder if he could have a feather from another phoenix.
Reply 9572
wiwarin_mir
I doubt that a unicorn blood wand could be used for anything good, as it would have been made at the suffering of something so pure.

I don't think you can use a liquid as a wand core. I think it has to be solid. A liquid one would be heavier.
Reply 9573
moncal
You can go to hogsmeade and apparate. Maybe dumbledore is one of those wizards who prefers not to apparate.

Unless of course the Headmaster of Hogwarts is granted the gift of being allowed to for the safety of the school?
Reply 9574
wiwarin_mir

Unicorn tears? Ooh what about Centaurs? Dumbledore gathered Umbridge from the Centaurs without a smudge on his robes. Perhaps that may have something to do with it.
Sire
Unicorn tears? Ooh what about Centaurs? Dumbledore gathered Umbridge from the Centaurs without a smudge on his robes. Perhaps that may have something to do with it.

Well, dumbledore probably has their respect as he has been at hogwarts for many years and no doubt got to know them.
Reply 9576
moncal
I don't think you can use a liquid as a wand core. I think it has to be solid. A liquid one would be heavier.

Hmm. I wasn't thinking of that. Unless a congealed version could be used, or the wand soaked in it?
Sire
Hmm. I wasn't thinking of that. Unless a congealed version could be used, or the wand soaked in it?

How much abut the actual construction of a wand do we know about though?
Reply 9578
wiwarin_mir
Well, dumbledore probably has their respect as he has been at hogwarts for many years and no doubt got to know them.

Presumably, but Firenze was banished for agreeing to help Dumbledore. I don't know anymore. A Harrimarillion sort of thing had better be coming from JKR :smile:
Sire
Presumably, but Firenze was banished for agreeing to help Dumbledore. I don't know anymore. A Harrimarillion sort of thing had better be coming from JKR :smile:

He was banished because he was using his gift of foresight to teach others, which centaurs don't usually do.

Latest

Trending

Trending