The Student Room Group

re take maths gcse as private candidate

so I've failed maths and now it means I have to take the new spec now. I have no idea what to do next in terms of how to take the maths exam. Do I get to pick an exam board? how much does it cost? Can someone help me out, please?
Are you going to college? Or staying on for 6th form?

If you are you will be re entered for next year, don't see why you would have to be a private candidate.
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaGlypta
Are you going to college? Or staying on for 6th form?

If you are you will be re entered for next year, don't see why you would have to be a private candidate.

im going to university this september, so i have to sit it privately. is there any advice you can give me?
Original post by amvns
im going to university this september, so i have to sit it privately. is there any advice you can give me?

Did you not need your GCSE for you uni course? If not, personally I wouldn't bother and just focus on your uni work for the time being.

I'm not sure how to go about becoming a private candidate, could your school give you any advice? Maybe look into getting a tutor.
Reply 4
Did you not need your GCSE for you uni course? If not, personally I wouldn't bother and just focus on your uni work for the time being.

I'm not sure how to go about becoming a private candidate, could your school give you any advice? Maybe look into getting a tutor.

my course is history. I emailed my uni last month about it and they said it didn't really matter. I want to pass it asap and I'm trying to find centres so I could take my maths. I've found one but I gotta pay 200 pounds for it :/
Original post by amvns
my course is history. I emailed my uni last month about it and they said it didn't really matter. I want to pass it asap and I'm trying to find centres so I could take my maths. I've found one but I gotta pay 200 pounds for it :/

I know you want to pass it but honestly if the university say it doesn't matter then I wouldn't bother for the time being.

Plenty of time to pass once you've finished your degree.
Reply 6
I know you want to pass it but honestly if the university say it doesn't matter then I wouldn't bother for the time being.

Plenty of time to pass once you've finished your degree.

when i emailed them last month they said " please note there is no gcse requirement for undertaking an undergraduate course in history" which i interpreted as they dont care.
Original post by amvns
when i emailed them last month they said " please note there is no gcse requirement for undertaking an undergraduate course in history" which i interpreted as they dont care.

Your course just doesn't require a maths GCSE...

Quick Reply

Latest