The Student Room Group

Overwatch friendos

Ahoy hoy
I'm picking up OW in a week or so. I've never touched the game or any of the same kinds of games so I'm looking for some pleasant friends to play with that can show me the ropes, understand that I will be an idiot at first and just want to play for fun.

I'm maining Widowmaker btw

My Gamertag is EDiblePrawn9. If/when you add me, include "Pepperoni bois" so I know it's someone from here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdwardBarfield9
Ahoy hoy
I'm picking up OW in a week or so. I've never touched the game or any of the same kinds of games so I'm looking for some pleasant friends to play with that can show me the ropes, understand that I will be an idiot at first and just want to play for fun.

My Gamertag is EDiblePrawn9. If/when you add me, include "Pepperoni bois" so I know it's someone from here :smile:

@XOR_ u guys play overwatch don't u? :holmes:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
@XOR_ @serah.exe u guys play overwatch don't u? :holmes:

I do (on Xbox One), rarely now though :biggrin:.
Original post by XOR_

@EdwardBarfield9 u jus got urself a friend :ahee:
Ahoy hoy

Please don't main a sniper on day one xD.
PC peasant..
Ahoy hoy

Active on PC, bnet is Jimmyrustler#21995

Btw you need the #number on the end. Also if you main widow randoms will hate you.

Original post by XOR_
PC peasant..

*cough* 60 fps lock.
Reply 7
this season is shite, it gets worse and worse ngl
Please don't go in maining people straight away :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by XOR_

That's cool with me, I'm going to be fairly busy with Uni stuff come the end of the month so I won't get to play OW as much as I'd like to

Original post by XOR_
Please don't main a sniper on day one xD.

May I ask why not?

Original post by Vikingninja
Active on PC, bnet is Jimmyrustler#21995

Btw you need the #number on the end. Also if you main widow randoms will hate you.

*cough* 60 fps lock.

Unfortunately I'm on the Xbox One. I have physical reasons for why I don't really play games PC :/

Original post by number0
this season is shite, it gets worse and worse ngl

I'm not at all fussed about the seasons. Competitive OW holds no appeal for me

Original post by AmeliaLost
Faelan#21934

Please don't go in maining people straight away :lol:

May I ask why not? I really like her abilities and how I've seen her being played
May I ask why not? I really like her abilities and how I've seen her being played

You should try out all the heroes and basically have one in each role that you like, and be willing to switch out where the team needs. It's a co-op objective game after all. She's not a bad main, just don't pigeon hole yourself so early.
I get what you mean. I plan to learn at least one of each type. except tank. I can't stand playing tank.
I was thinking the floaty monk dude for my support character
Genji or Reaper for my offense

I'm going to stick with just one of each type until I know them well enough and can actually play the game somewhat competently :smile:

You should try out all the heroes and basically have one in each role that you like, and be willing to switch out where the team needs. It's a co-op objective game after all. She's not a bad main, just don't pigeon hole yourself so early.
That's cool with me, I'm going to be fairly busy with Uni stuff come the end of the month so I won't get to play OW as much as I'd like to

May I ask why not?

Unfortunately I'm on the Xbox One. I have physical reasons for why I don't really play games PC :/

I'm not at all fussed about the seasons. Competitive OW holds no appeal for me

Because your teammates will tilt harder than the titanic.
That's inevitable. Especially whilst I'm learning the game :3
Because your teammates will tilt harder than the titanic.
That's inevitable. Especially whilst I'm learning the game :3

It happens at every rank with that character.
It happens at every rank with that character.

Really? I thought the issue was completely new players, sometimes even new to FPS full stop, going for widow and lurking about, creating a 5V6 and getting no picks. Or people just being meta slaves...
Really? I thought the issue was completely new players, sometimes even new to FPS full stop, going for widow and lurking about, creating a 5V6 and getting no picks. Or people just being meta slaves...

Game turns into oversalt when you're losing with a widow even if the widow is getting kills and at the start sometimes. The viewpoint of widow like this exists because of the reason you gave.
Reply 17
The new report system is good, I've definitely noticed much less toxicity by idiots who don't realise shouting at other players will not improve our performance as a team.
Original post by Uzair_y
The new report system is good, I've definitely noticed much less toxicity by idiots who don't realise shouting at other players will not improve our performance as a team.

The toxic comments this season went from "you're a ******ed gay posh ****" (quality human being) to "your mum is **** at the game"... yes sunshine... yes she is... she doesn't even play it.
(edited 6 years ago)

*cough* 60 fps lock.

the human eye can't see above 30fps

Quick Reply

Latest