The Student Room Group

Should I apply to 5 yr medicine or 6 yrs course

These are my stats, I would appreciate if you could help me decide on whether to apply to 5-year course or 6 yr course for medicine.

AS levels: ABCD
UKCAT: 640, band 2

considering that a lot of people have been getting a higher ukcat, I think I should apply for a foundation course but I don't know.

Thank you
Would you meet the criteria for foundation entry?
Reply 2
Original post by gradmed305
Would you meet the criteria for foundation entry?

yes all their additional requirements i meet
Original post by FAAWAH
yes all their additional requirements i meet

Well I'm assuming you're not getting AAA predictions with those AS results so your options are either apply for foundation (may as well do this either way), or gap year and get AAA minimum grades at A-level.
Reply 4
Original post by gradmed305
Well I'm assuming you're not getting AAA predictions with those AS results so your options are either apply for foundation (may as well do this either way), or gap year and get AAA minimum grades at A-level.

Thank you for your reply. I just want to know my chances of getting into the six-year course. As in where do I stand?
Original post by FAAWAH
Thank you for your reply. I just want to know my chances of getting into the six-year course. As in where do I stand?

I know very little about foundation entry courses. What I do know is that you need to meet the criteria for entry, and they are competitive. That being said, medicine is a competitive degree anyway. You're going to have to do your own research into every medical school that offers foundation entry to see which ones you'd actually like to study at, and which one's you'd have a higher chance of getting in to.

tl;dr - Your chances are different for every medical school because not every school weighs your application in the same way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending