The Student Room Group

5-5 in gcse science can I do biology in alevel

In last yr grade boundaries I was 1 mark from getting a 6-5 so idk if that matters During my science exams I wasn’t focus honestly just made that mistake to not focus harder I couldn’t revise properly that time My mocks I got 6-6 and 6-7 expecting to get a 7-7 I really want to do biology and chemistry but the 6th form says to get 6-6 so is there any way possible to try persuade them maybe explain and show the predicted or just anything I’ve re learnt the gcse science and have done other exam papers getting a lot higher than 5-5 last yr I know 2 people they got into 6th form with a 5-5 but maybe it’s more strict now so anyone please help me I’ve started doing the alevel just incase And if people got low grades in gcse but in alevel they got like As cause in my school they are really discouraging me but ik I can do it
Original post by Liya_123
In last yr grade boundaries I was 1 mark from getting a 6-5 so idk if that matters During my science exams I wasn’t focus honestly just made that mistake to not focus harder I couldn’t revise properly that time My mocks I got 6-6 and 6-7 expecting to get a 7-7 I really want to do biology and chemistry but the 6th form says to get 6-6 so is there any way possible to try persuade them maybe explain and show the predicted or just anything I’ve re learnt the gcse science and have done other exam papers getting a lot higher than 5-5 last yr I know 2 people they got into 6th form with a 5-5 but maybe it’s more strict now so anyone please help me I’ve started doing the alevel just incase And if people got low grades in gcse but in alevel they got like As cause in my school they are really discouraging me but ik I can do it

Try a different sixth form to look for and apply next year if you really want to do science
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiUypGa5PmAAxXAW0EAHX_uAj0QFnoECBYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.derby-college.ac.uk%2Fhow-to-apply%2F&usg=AOvVaw1ZijPTfesa1dgtfsfxUcL5&opi=89978449
(edited 8 months ago)

Alternatively, email them showing your passion for science
(edited 8 months ago)

so i did applied science and psychology then in yr 12 summer which is the yr 11 gcse i do the science gcse again?
so i did applied science and psychology then in yr 12 summer which is the yr 11 gcse i do the science gcse again?

Can you tell me all of your gcse’s . You can do any A Levels. Than do the foundation year of a science degree you want. Foundation year degrees are for people who didnt pick the subject requirement for a course, such as ‘biochemistry’ requiring chemistry, but do an extra year at uni, the first year is to get your gcse knowledge to A Level
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Alternatively, email them showing your passion for science

okay ill do that i did join the medic portal and attended all the meetings and conference as well as working with my mum is hospital for work experience so illl talk about them all thankyou
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Can you tell me all of your gcse’s . You can do any A Levels. Than do the foundation year of a science degree you want. Foundation year degrees are for people who didnt pick the subject requirement for a course, such as ‘biochemistry’ requiring chemistry, but do an extra year at uni, the first year is to get your gcse knowledge to A Level

oh right
english lit 6 ( 2 marks of a 7)
english lang 7
science 5-5
maths 5
re 8
spanish 8
geography 7
drama 5
psychology 8

so i wanted chem,biology and psychology
if they dont let me do seperate then ill do the applied science and psychology but after yr 13 just do another yr for biology and chemistry? then i do medicince in uni
oh right
english lit 6 ( 2 marks of a 7)
english lang 7
science 5-5
maths 5
re 8
spanish 8
geography 7
drama 5
psychology 8

so i wanted chem,biology and psychology
if they dont let me do seperate then ill do the applied science and psychology but after yr 13 just do another yr for biology and chemistry? then i do medicince in uni

Medicine A Levels ‘A levels - AAA including Chemistry and one from Biology, Maths or Physics, and one other subject’. You can apply for foundation medicine course on UCAS at the start of year 13.
https://www.medicmind.co.uk/medicine-ucas-guide/foundation-courses-for-medical-school/
or look at the standalone foundation course, at uni for 1 year, than you can apply for the normal medicine course

Quick Reply

Latest