The Student Room Group

Is anyone with Giffgaff? Goody bag cancellation help!

Hello, I wanted to get a phone from Giffgaff as they have decent sim free prices but I have to buy a goody bag for some reason. If I was to buy a goody bag, and went to cancel it, are there any hidden contract costs? As in, would I have to pay another £200+ for the rest of the contract or is it just cancel and no fee?
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hello, I wanted to get a phone from Giffgaff as they have decent sim free prices but I have to buy a goody bag for some reason. If I was to buy a goody bag, and went to cancel it, are there any hidden contract costs? As in, would I have to pay another £200+ for the rest of the contract or is it just cancel and no fee?

Hey there!

In order to get you the best responses, this thread should be in the Mobile phones forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Hey there!

In order to get you the best responses, this thread should be in the Mobile phones forum. I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:

Spoiler

Yh, thank you :h:
I'm on Giffgaff. There are no tricks. You can buy only credit if you don't want a goodybag but the goodybags are so cheap that is generally the best way to go. If you have a goodybag you can choose for it to be 'recurring' or a 'one off' - if it's recurring it will work like a normal contract and keep charging you monthly until you cancel (which you can do at any time without being charged anything), if it's a one off the goodybag will vanish at the end of the month and you won't be able to do anything with your phone. You can't cancel a goodybag half way through it but you don't have any obligation to keep paying. You can buy a single goodybag and never use the phone again if you want, you can also change which goodybag you use each month depending on your needs.
Reply 4
Original post by doodle_333
I'm on Giffgaff. There are no tricks. You can buy only credit if you don't want a goodybag but the goodybags are so cheap that is generally the best way to go. If you have a goodybag you can choose for it to be 'recurring' or a 'one off' - if it's recurring it will work like a normal contract and keep charging you monthly until you cancel (which you can do at any time without being charged anything), if it's a one off the goodybag will vanish at the end of the month and you won't be able to do anything with your phone. You can't cancel a goodybag half way through it but you don't have any obligation to keep paying. You can buy a single goodybag and never use the phone again if you want, you can also change which goodybag you use each month depending on your needs.

That clears stuff up, thank you!
So to confirm - https://www.giffgaff.com/mobile-phones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s8/phone-plans (what I was planning to get) - I can cancel the contract straightaway without ever having to pay the remaining contract out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending