The Student Room Group

Question about 4 a levels

Does anyone know how offers work if someone does four a levels? Do they still make offers based on 3, or do they change it so an offer is based on four?

Thank you!
Original post by ismaeelzia
Does anyone know how offers work if someone does four a levels? Do they still make offers based on 3, or do they change it so an offer is based on four?

Thank you!

I think it's your best 3 but, I'm not sure
it depends - some unis do mention offers with 4 a levels, e.g warwick maths offers A*A*A* or A*A*AA
most i've looked at only give offers stating 3 grades, so that will be your best 3 grades, maybe including a specific subject if the course requires
Usually only 3 but I think someone people do get offers including all 4, or an EPQ if you take one.
Original post by ismaeelzia

Thank you!

Hey!

Most med schools will in fact only consider your best three A Levels, for example Sheffield were pretty clear last year that they only make a 3 grade offer.
However last year Birmingham (which is usually an A*AA university) lowered their offer to AAAB if you took 4 A Levels.
If you really enjoy all your subjects, you should defo carry on with them, but do bear in mind that the vast majority of medical schools will ask you for a 3 grade offer (A*AA or AAA).

Good luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending