The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
timeofyourlife
what about that detector van thingy? can't they prove that you've been using the TV from the signals detected by the van?

They can't prosecute on that evidence alone, they need more substantial evidence I believe..
Reply 21
timeofyourlife
what about that detector van thingy? can't they prove that you've been using the TV from the signals detected by the van?

Hello?!? Your in halls of residence. There are 50 other rooms around yours. How will they tell room from room from communal areas? They cannot pinpoint an individual TV. I for one am not licensing my TV unless it's absolutly necessary.
Reply 22
Chris_
They can't prosecute on that evidence alone, they need more substantial evidence I believe..

You could be right. :rolleyes:
Reply 23
timeofyourlife
in our halls of residence we were just told not to let them into the room (we were told the visit day in advance, in accordance with their regulations).

as they have no right to enter private rooms, a police warrant is needed, in which time the TV can be tuned out of BBC/ITV etc.

that might be OK for your uni but don't forget your room isn't private it belongs to the uni and they dictate who can / cannot come in.
Reply 24
carldaman
Hello?!? Your in halls of residence.

err, no, i'm not.
Reply 25
Just to warn you all, it's not unheard of for a University to let a TV licencing bod into your room....
Reply 26
Fluffy
Just to warn you all, it's not unheard of for a University to let a TV licencing bod into your room....

evil universities! ours even puts up a poster giving you advice on how to avoid getting caught, albeit unofficial.

Latest

Trending

Trending