The Student Room Group

Fare Dodger

Hello
I have been stopped a few months ago for using a freedom pass. They have the wrong details for me because they took my driving licence and took the details. My old surname and old address. They have been posting letters there. What should I do or what action would they take against me for not responding.
Reply 1
Ring a solicitor and ask. Providing false information could further go against you.
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
Ring a solicitor and ask. Providing false information could further go against you.

I never provided false information because I provided my driving license and they took my details. Somehow they found my old surname on the system which I haven’t used in many years so the letter they sent was addressed to me using my old surname and old address.

I am very scared
Reply 3
Original post by Effmua
I never provided false information because I provided my driving license and they took my details. Somehow they found my old surname on the system which I haven’t used in many years so the letter they sent was addressed to me using my old surname and old address.

I am very scared

But you knew the information on your license was incorrect which in itself is also another offence because when you change addresses you must notify the DVLA.

Please just call a solicitor. They will probably give you basic advice for free.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending