The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Great Dover Street Accom KCL 2023

Some of the accom photos have what looks like a mini fridge, is this only in some rooms or is it something you have to bring yourself?
Also does it matter which block you're in?
Or are they all connected?
Is there a laundry spot in every one?

Reply 1
hi! i booked GDSA today. a mini fridge in my room would be lovely haha
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hi I also booked GDSA. I agree one of the photos looked like there was a mini fridge. However I did visit GDSA in person and yeah I’m pretty sure it doesn’t come with the room. You’d have to bring your own if you wanted one.

The laundry room is in it’s separate bit and there’s one for the whole of GDSA, it’s not per flat/block. Anyone in GDSA feel free to correct me that’s just what I remember from the accommodation tour :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by S9715
Hi I also booked GDSA. I agree one of the photos looked like there was a mini fridge. However I did visit GDSA in person and yeah

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t come with the room. You’d have to bring your own if you wanted one.

The laundry room is in it’s separate bit and there’s one for the whole of GDSA, it’s not per flat/block. Anyone in GDSA feel free to correct me that’s just what I remember from the accommodation tour :smile:

ahh okay thanks sm 😊
Reply 4
Original post by S9715
Hi I also booked GDSA. I agree one of the photos looked like there was a mini fridge. However I did visit GDSA in person and yeah I’m pretty sure it doesn’t come with the room. You’d have to bring your own if you wanted one.

hey did u visit GDSA on offer holder day? if yes, were there refurbishments going on? one of my friends who visited on offer holder day said there were but someone living rn said there’s no refurbishments. i’m just curious bc from the photos the rooms look a bit old lol so a refurbished room would be nice
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
hey did u visit GDSA on offer holder day? if yes, were there refurbishments going on? one of my friends who visited on offer holder day said there were but someone living rn said there’s no refurbishments. i’m just curious bc from the photos the rooms look a bit old lol so a refurbished room would be nice

I did visit on offer holder day yes. I’m pretty sure there were not refurbishments, and if there were they didn’t say anything or show us any refurbished rooms. There’s also nothing online about refurbishments whereas for SSA there is, so I doubt GDSA is being refurbished.

I’m ngl the rooms do look a bit old and tired but I’ve watched a few youtube videos by students and they don’t seem too bad when actually decorated. You just have to make it your own I guess
Reply 6
Original post by S9715

Just a heads up from someone who lived at GDSA this year none of the rooms (at least the standard ones) come with mini fridges and you are not allowed to bring your own - this was one of the first things I asked when I got there but it’s not allowed.
Reply 7
Original post by cyberhex
Just a heads up from someone who lived at GDSA this year none of the rooms (at least the standard ones) come with mini fridges and you are not allowed to bring your own - this was one of the first things I asked when I got there but it’s not allowed.

That's a shame, then again most uni accomodations are against having appliances in rooms aren't they. Are TVs allowed because I want to bring a small TV for video games?
Reply 8
Original post by S9715
That's a shame, then again most uni accomodations are against having appliances in rooms aren't they. Are TVs allowed because I want to bring a small TV for video games?

Yeah I think so but you’ll have to buy a TV license for it (you get letters basically the instant you move in from the licence company on how to do it and if you don’t have a tv then you still have to respond to state that). But I know people that have gaming setups so I think it is allowed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest