The Student Room Group

gap year student english interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenf333
i think i'm going to submit an essay I wrote in year 13 - only problem is it's over 2000 words, so I've emailed to ask if that's okay!! what are you planning on submitting? :smile:

I did the IB so I'm just going to submit my Literature Written Assignment! Do you know what they mean when they say it has to be "marked" -- does the teacher's feedback have to be submitted, or does "marked" just entail having gotten a grade? I feel like they're so vague about this!
Reply 21
Original post by tinywildflower
I did the IB so I'm just going to submit my Literature Written Assignment! Do you know what they mean when they say it has to be "marked" -- does the teacher's feedback have to be submitted, or does "marked" just entail having gotten a grade? I feel like they're so vague about this!

If your teacher has physically written comments on your essay it's fine. It doesn't need to be provided separately.
Original post by Doonesbury
If your teacher has physically written comments on your essay it's fine. It doesn't need to be provided separately.

Thank you. And is it likewise okay if there aren't any written comments on the essay / isn't any written feedback (but I have my grade)?
Reply 23
Thank you. And is it likewise okay if there aren't any written comments on the essay / isn't any written feedback (but I have my grade)?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're in the same boat! I'm planning on revising the texts I mentioned in my Personal Statement and my Written Work, if I get called for an interview. :smile: Not sure what piece to submit for my Written Work, though! What is everyone submitting + how did they decide? :smile:

Submitting an extract from my coursework comparing Gatsby and Great Expectations. Don’t know whether we attach marking sheet though? I guess I will anyway... They can’t penalise me for it right?
Original post by beccabokka
Submitting an extract from my coursework comparing Gatsby and Great Expectations. Don’t know whether we attach marking sheet though? I guess I will anyway... They can’t penalise me for it right?

Sounds good! I don't see any reason for them to penalise you for that!
Nice thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending