The Student Room Group

Cambridge History 2024 offer-holders

Hello everyone!

I noticed there wasn’t anything set up for history offer holders for this year so I thought i’d create this thread to allow fellow history offer holders to connect with each other.

I’ll go first, I’m Sophie, i’m on a gap year and I have an offer to read History at Queens’ college!

Volunteer note: Please note that sharing or requesting social media handles or group chats is not permitted under the TSR community guidelines.
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer to read History at Jesus College!
History and Politics at Emma! No thread for my course yet so thought I might join in here :smile:
Reply 3
I have an offer for History at Homerton!
history at medwards anyone?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi, I was rejected from that very college recently for History. What made your application stand out? Anyway, Congrats on the offer I know you deserved it!!!!!!!!1
Original post by WilfredTC
Hi, I was rejected from that very college recently for History. What made your application stand out? Anyway, Congrats on the offer I know you deserved it!!!!!!!!1

Thank you so much!! Idk what made my application stand out... I think the interviews and HAA went okay (I wouldn't say great but I wouldn't say terrible either...) I talked about historiography in my personal statement which I thought was unique but I've heard Cambridge don't really focus too much on the PS... Where are you planning on studying?
Reply 7
Thank you so much!! Idk what made my application stand out... I think the interviews and HAA went okay (I wouldn't say great but I wouldn't say terrible either...) I talked about historiography in my personal statement which I thought was unique but I've heard Cambridge don't really focus too much on the PS... Where are you planning on studying?

I wanna do History or law! Am a bit confused at the moment. What subjects do you study?
I wanna do History or law! Am a bit confused at the moment. What subjects do you study?

History, Biology, and English Lit - you?
Reply 9
History, Biology, and English Lit - you?

Darn. I should have done Biology. I do History, politics and Sociology. Silly me
Darn. I should have done Biology. I do History, politics and Sociology. Silly me

Bro your subjects are amazing for History and Law!! What other unis have you applied to?
Reply 11
Bro your subjects are amazing for History and Law!! What other unis have you applied to?

Got a UCL offer but I might take gap year so I can reapply for LLB/JD next year!
History at Jesus!
Original post by TandemTriumphans
History at Jesus!

Me too!! are you an international student?
Original post by noorarif49
Me too!! are you an international student?

Irish, so I think I'm counted as home (although I'm obviously not really!)
Of course! I’m an international student!! What topics are you excited to study?
Original post by ksophiett
Hello everyone!

I noticed there wasn’t anything set up for history offer holders for this year so I thought i’d create this thread to allow fellow history offer holders to connect with each other.

I’ll go first, I’m Sophie, i’m on a gap year and I have an offer to read History at Queens’ college!

History at Sidney Sussex!

History and Modern Languages at Jesus!
Original post by TandemTriumphans
History at Jesus!

I have an offer for History and Modern Languages at Jesus! We probably had the same interviewers..
same !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending