The Student Room Group

What should I do to get in Cambridge economics?

HII, I'm currrently an S4 student from Edinburgh, now I'm studying in China so I do not have nat5 grades, (don't know if this influences application of uni)I want to choose English ,maths, physics,econ ,chemistry and mandarin in S5, and for adv higher, maybe mechanics, maths, economics and physics? Also I want to gap a year after graduated from high school, do you advise me to do this?
Do you have any advice for improving my chances of getting an economics offer from Cambridge University? eg. study advices, what should I do in s5 and s6? Do I have to join any competitions? Can you share some experiences!
Many thanks!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by wandizhang
HII, I'm currrently an S4 student from Edinburgh, now I'm studying in China so I do not have nat5 grades, (don't know if this influences application of uni)I want to choose English ,maths, physics,econ ,chemistry and mandarin in S5, and for adv higher, maybe mechanics, maths, economics and physics? Also I want to gap a year after graduated from high school, do you advise me to do this?
Do you have any advice for improving my chances of getting an economics offer from Cambridge University? eg. study advices, what should I do in s5 and s6? Do I have to join any competitions? Can you share some experiences!
Many thanks!!
Hi, I dont think it matters that much if you are taking a gap year, but you have to use that year wisely-- apply for internships, get a job, get involved into societies, read and spend a lot of time practicing for the TMUA which is the admissions test for Economics at Cambridge. Since you are thinking of taking a gap year I would advice you to sit the TMUA twice, since you will have that opportunity as it is a difficult mathematical test and is very important for admissions. Also you should really spend a lot of time preparing for the interview, which is again very mathematical -- talk to people who have done it already and practice solving mathematical questions on the spot and discussing your reasoning. Most people do get an interview so i would advice you to start preparing for the interview before they actually invite you as they wont give you that much time to prepare for it.
Also i would advice you to start a linkedin account as you will be able to reach out to many people that are studying at Cambridge Economics through there and contact them about having a look at your personal statement or advicing you on the test and the interview.
Reply 2
Original post by Katerina23
Hi, I dont think it matters that much if you are taking a gap year, but you have to use that year wisely-- apply for internships, get a job, get involved into societies, read and spend a lot of time practicing for the TMUA which is the admissions test for Economics at Cambridge. Since you are thinking of taking a gap year I would advice you to sit the TMUA twice, since you will have that opportunity as it is a difficult mathematical test and is very important for admissions. Also you should really spend a lot of time preparing for the interview, which is again very mathematical -- talk to people who have done it already and practice solving mathematical questions on the spot and discussing your reasoning. Most people do get an interview so i would advice you to start preparing for the interview before they actually invite you as they wont give you that much time to prepare for it.
Also i would advice you to start a linkedin account as you will be able to reach out to many people that are studying at Cambridge Economics through there and contact them about having a look at your personal statement or advicing you on the test and the interview.
thank you a lot for you replying! I will get in touch with TMUA and also the other things!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending