Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm having trouble organising myself for all my revision and subjects. I'll be doing 2 GCSE's this year, history and Spanish then next year in yr11 I'll do the "Big 3" and psychology.(I won't be doing a lot of GCSE's because my school do it half & half. In yr9 I did RE GCSE) I tried doing a timetable but find it hard to follow and discipline myself so does anybody have any better ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Because you are doing your GCSEs in relatively spaced out periods of time, I wouldn't make a timetable if I were you because it could get quite monotonous if you're predominantly focusing on two subjects this year.
    I would set goals of accomplishment every week instead. For example, for history, you could set yourself a goal to finish making notes on a chapter on American history, and another goal to do practise questions on a particular textbook page. Similarly, set goals for all the other subjects so that you end up with a continual weekly goals list that you can work through steadily within the time you designate for studying. This means that you won't be stuck doing a subject that you timetabled for yourself in an hour, when you feel like doing another subject.
    If timetabling works for you, but it's the discipline aspect that you're struggling with, you can find apps like Study Plan, or Timetable. Personally, I used My Student Life, which helped me plan what I wanted to do and how long I wanted to do it for. It can get a bit fiddly inputting all these times but you get used to it and it's very helpful. Plus, the neat aesthetic of the app gets you in the mood for productivity

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.