The Student Room Group

Business (BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate - Double Award - Pearsons)

Hi I finish this course in May, I move to USA after this (I am a US citizen) can I get a good job, (and this qualification be recognised) like you would in England after you have completed your exams or will I have to go to US college as America won’t recognise my qualification? What work organisations the US would accept this qualification? Thanks
Original post by Danix1
Hi I finish this course in May, I move to USA after this (I am a US citizen) can I get a good job, (and this qualification be recognised) like you would in England after you have completed your exams or will I have to go to US college as America won’t recognise my qualification? What work organisations the US would accept this qualification? Thanks
Hi there,

Internationally, over 260 universities accept BTEC L3 Nationals. I've linked where I found this information here: BTEC-international-recognition-brochure_web.pdf (pearson.com) under the 'Progression Opportunities' section (8th page).

I therefore would think you're able to use your qualification for applying for jobs in the US - though you would need to look at the specifics for each individual job role and what they're asking for. You would just have to explain you did your BTEC in the UK and at what university you did it at.

I know in my current role, for example, we have people apply with GCSE equivalents from different countries.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to be too helpful on what specific organisations to look at - with it being a business BTEC it would be a good idea to start applying for those jobs in the US now and naturally you will find the organisations you're looking for.

I hope that information helps. All the very best with this!

Ethan

Quick Reply

Latest