The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships 2018 application thread

Hi guys,

Thought I'd set up an apprenticeship applicant thread for 2018. It's a place for people to connect, share advice and support each other.
Here are a couple questions to get the ball rolling.

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

hey, I'm going to be applying for the Barclays higher apprenticeship scheme looking mainly into hr or finance still yet to decide what made me decide was when on work experience just loved the banking environment hope it helps xx
Reply 2
When should I start thinking about applying for apprenticeships?
you should start looking at companies and start your research ive been adviced not to apply until ive gone to one of the apprenticeship fairs but im going to apply in january onwards and make sure the application start date is autumn 2018 if your applying for september 2018 onwards hope that helps xxx
Original post by _Francis
Reply 4
Original post by alliyah_1999
hey, I'm going to be applying for the Barclays higher apprenticeship scheme looking mainly into hr or finance still yet to decide what made me decide was when on work experience just loved the banking environment hope it helps xx

I'd definitely say anyone looking for an apprenticeship should start looking around September time.

Higher level apprenticeships (Degree/Higher/Some advanced) run parallel to the UCAS admissions so certainly need to be considered earlier than people expect.

Probably your second year of college

It depends on what kind of apprenticeship you are looking for. If you are looking for higher/degree apprenticeships then the ideal time is between September to February and if you are just applying for intermediate, advanced apprenticeships then there are vacancies all year round.
I’m applying for a Trainee Legal Secretary Apprenticeship through ‘notgoingtouni’ but the website offers no information on timing etc, not sure when to apply and if I got the job, how long it would be for! I still plan to study law just not this year!
Reply 8
hi ive applied to capgemini degree apprenticeship anyone else ?
Hi! I am Modern Languages student and I wanted to spend my Year Abroad (2019/20)
on a placement / apprenticeship in either Spain or France. My uni (of Leicester) offers their students jobs at the British Council, but teaching is not for everyone, and definitely not for me, that's for sure. I wanted to find a job as a translator / interpreter. Has anyone heard of such placements?
Please help. xx
Reply 10
Original post by Danny Dorito
Hi guys,

Thought I'd set up an apprenticeship applicant thread for 2018. It's a place for people to connect, share advice and support each other.
Here are a couple questions to get the ball rolling.

Where are you applying to?
What kind of apprenticeship are you applying for?
What made you decide to apply for an apprenticeship?

Hey, I wanted to ask what do you put down as your a level grades if you have not yet finished yr 13?
Original post by rda_g
Hey, I wanted to ask what do you put down as your a level grades if you have not yet finished yr 13?

Predicted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending