The Student Room Group

Exeter Maths Reputation?

I'm looking at Exeter for Maths and was wondering what its reputation for Maths was like?
Is there really much difference in a Maths degree from Exeter compared to COWI in terms of employability?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by F3rnw3h
I'm looking at Exeter for Maths and was wondering what its reputation for Maths was like?
Is there really much difference in a Maths degree from Exeter compared to COWI in terms of employability?

To be honest, in terms of employment there really isn't much difference with most Maths departments for most careers; except super competitive fields such as IB, which would mostly make a difference (my own uni which isn't even considered in the top 30 has an employability rate of 95%+, with many graduates ending up in top Finance firms). You can check the employability statistics on Exeter's website.
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
To be honest, in terms of employment there really isn't much difference with most Maths departments for most careers; except super competitive fields such as IB, which would mostly make a difference (my own uni which isn't even considered in the top 30 has an employability rate of 95%+, with many graduates ending up in top Finance firms). You can check the employability statistics on Exeter's website.

Thankyou! (:
Reply 3
Sorry, what's meant by IB?
Reply 4
Original post by F3rnw3h
Sorry, what's meant by IB?

Investment Banking.
Original post by F3rnw3h

Exeter has alwayshad a strong maths department.

Quick Reply

Latest