The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Manchester physics

So I just got accepeted into physics at manchester with a conditional offer requiring me to get an A* in my a level physics retake. I've also received a conditional offer for physics at bristol requiring me to get an A in my a level physics retake. I've also get physics at exeter and east anglia which are not conditional. Now I don't know what to do. I've heard good things about Manchester but Bristol also has a very good reputation for physics. Is Manchester better for physics than Bristol and if so by how much? Should I apply to Manchester first and Bristol as a "safe" option (not really cause if I don't get an A I'll have to go into clearance) or should I apply to Bristol first and exeter as my safe option?
Reply 1
Original post by Solaris_21
So I just got accepeted into physics at manchester with a conditional offer requiring me to get an A* in my a level physics retake. I've also received a conditional offer for physics at bristol requiring me to get an A in my a level physics retake. I've also get physics at exeter and east anglia which are not conditional. Now I don't know what to do. I've heard good things about Manchester but Bristol also has a very good reputation for physics. Is Manchester better for physics than Bristol and if so by how much? Should I apply to Manchester first and Bristol as a "safe" option (not really cause if I don't get an A I'll have to go into clearance) or should I apply to Bristol first and exeter as my safe option?

I'm a first year maths and physics join honours student at Bristol and me and my friends who also do maths and physics hate the physics department. They cannot teach half the time. Some lecturers explain things in the worst ways possible, we're not provided with many good revision materials or revision support, half of the problems set are just boring and not really challenging, the in-person lectures are useless, and in general it feels like there is a lack of care put into the degree and students' learning. It's not the lecturers' fault; from what I've heard the department don't always pay their lecturers for teaching students so it's the fault of the people running the department for this lack of care.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending