The Student Room Group

Henley Business school or University of Exeter

Hi I am from India and i received an offer from Henley Business school for 'MSc Finance and Financial technology' and from University of Exeter for 'MSc Financial technology'. Both of these courses are very similar but one is a Russell group University and the other is ranked highed for Finance courses and is closer to London. How can I choose between the both?
Original post by Gg4256
Hi I am from India and i received an offer from Henley Business school for 'MSc Finance and Financial technology' and from University of Exeter for 'MSc Financial technology'. Both of these courses are very similar but one is a Russell group University and the other is ranked highed for Finance courses and is closer to London. How can I choose between the both?

The way you choose is to first decide what's important to you. Location? Social life? Kudos? Ranking? Accommodation? Sports facilities? Etc. Then you weight those characteristics, and assign points to each of the two options. From there it's just maths.
A masters only lasts a year. It’s really important to choose a university location where you’ll feel comfortable and settled quickly and a course you will be confident in doing well from the start.

Many applicants choose a course based on perceived “prestige” or reputation only to be unhappy and fail to meet their full potential.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
A masters only lasts a year. It’s really important to choose a university location where you’ll feel comfortable and settled quickly and a course you will be confident in doing well from the start.

Many applicants choose a course based on perceived “prestige” or reputation only to be unhappy and fail to meet their full potential.

That makes sense. Thank you. ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending